Admission into Ph.D. Programme
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programme from eligible candidates for the year 2019-20 in the following categories:
(1)Institute Scholar (2)Sponsored Scholar (3)Project Scholar (Projects running at IIT Bhubaneswar)
School of Basic Sciences:
Biosciences: Biophysical Chemistry: Protein Chemistry & Spectroscopy, Structure-Function Elucidation of Various Small Heat Shock Proteins Related to Different Diseases (Cataract, Leprosy and Tuberculosis); Biochemistry of the mechanoenzymes ATPases involved in the cellular activities like DNA replication and Protein degradation (ubiquitin-proteasome & Autophagy mediated) and associated disease like Cancer, G-protein Coupled Receptors & Signal Transduction, Chemical and Cellular Biology, Peptide/Protein Design & Engineering, Computational Biology.
(A) Eligibility Criteria for Institute Scholar:
Candidates who possess the qualifications as mentioned below are eligible for admission into the Ph. D. Programme for full-time with Institute Research Assistantship or UGC/CSIR-NET Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or any other doctoral fellowship offered by Govt. of India (GoI), as the case is applicable. A relaxation of up to 5% marks in all academic examination levels is permitted for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
(B) Eligibility Criteria for Sponsored Scholar:
The sponsored candidates are not eligible for Institute Research Assistantship; but they must meet the same requisite standards of marks/grades in their qualifying degree and other examinations as mentioned above. They must also be in continuous service for at least three (3) years in any one of the following organizations, where appropriate R & D facilities exist:
- Departments and Ministries of the Government of India or any other government organization.
- Established industrial research and developmental organizations.
- Recognized autonomous bodies and public undertakings.
- Recognized universities/colleges.
(C) Eligibility Criteria for Project Scholar:
The scholars working in sponsored research projects at IIT Bhubaneswar can apply for the Ph.D Programme if they meet the applicable eligibility criteria for admission and have at least two years of fellowship tenure remaining, counting from the academic session or semester in which they are seeking admission. If such a candidate intends to be considered for Institute Research Assistantship after the tenure of the project is over, he/she must present a valid GATE score at that point of time or provide the evidence of a valid GATE score used in the year of admission into M.Tech. or equivalent programme.
Programme wise Eligibility Criteria:
Programme: Ph.D. (Basic Science)
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in the Master’s or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in the Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) is required in all other examinations. A single relaxation up to 10% marks either at Xth or XIIth level examination or equivalent is permitted.
- The candidate must have a valid GATE score or have secured a UGC/CSIR-NET JRF.
N.B. 5% relaxation of marks in all academic examination would be granted to the SC/ST/PwD candidates compared to the General/OBC (NCL) candidates. This is applicable to all candidates.
Application Fee (Non-refundable):
For General and OBC Candidates: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)
For SC/ST/PwD Candidates: Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty Only)
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Filling of Online Application and Payment Procedure
1) Application form can be filled online accessing the website (http://webapps.iitbbs.ac.in/phd-application/).
2) Register to the online-portal by providing your current functioning Email ID.
3) Login to the portal by providing the Email ID and password provided at the time of registration.
4) Provide correct information in Step 1 to Step 3.
5) Review your Data at Step 4.
6) If the information are correct then click on SAVE & SUBMIT Button to submit your application.
7) If you are a Female Candidate, no Application Fee is required and hence you can take a print of the application form for future reference.
8) If you are a Male candidate, Pay the required application Fee as per the following steps.
8.1) Click on the “Pay Application Fee (click here)” Button present at the “User Home” Tab.
8.2) Follow the payment instructions.(click here to download)
8.3) After Successful payment, you will get a SB Collect Reference No.
8.4) Note down the Payment SB Collect Reference No. Click on the “Confirm & Submit Payment Details for <Application Num>” Button present at the “User Home” Tab and provide data of Fee Payment Mode, Fee Payment Date, Fee Payment SB Collect Reference No. and then submit.
8.5) After completing above steps, you can take a print of the application form for future reference.
8.6) Note that Application without valid Payment SB Collect Reference No. will be automatically discarded.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.