Guidelines for Summer Training at NIPER-S.A.S. Nagar
June 3rd to July 15th 2019
NIPER S.A.S. Nagar is offering summer training in the following ten departments below:
1) Medicinal Chemistry
2) Natural Products
- Traditional Medicine
3) Pharmaceutical Analysis
4) Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Regulatory Toxicology
7) Pharmacy Practice
8) Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharm. Technology (Process Chemistry)
- Pharm. Technology (Biotechnology)
- Pharm. Technology (Formulations)
10) Pharmaceutical Management
The training to students from various pharmacy institutes, university departments, and colleges will be imparted in all the above mentioned ten departments during summer mainly in the months of June and July every year.
Duration of training: 06 weeks (June 03, 2019 to July 15, 2019)
Number of students to be admitted/year: 30 (3 students in each department)
Fee for summer training: Rs. 10,000/- for 6 weeks duration
(only the selected candidates are required to deposit the fees)
Justification for the fees:
The summer training fee of Rs. 10,000/- is fixed keeping in view of the use of chemicals/reagents-solvents/consumable items that may be required during 6 weeks summer training program for an applicant at NIPER S.A.S. Nagar and the fact that the applicants will also use the sophisticated instruments during their tenure of summer training at the institute.
Eligibility criteria for students who wish to undergo above mentioned training at NIPERS.A.S. Nagar:
- Students who are pursuing their post-graduation and have finished their 1st year of post-graduation.
- Pursuing post graduation in the field of Pharmaceutical/ Chemical/ Life Sciences leading to M.Pharm./ M.S./ M.Sc/ M.Tech/ M.B.A degree from any recognised Indian University
- Certificate from the Head of the Department or Head of the institution mentioning the need of summer training for the student in question.
- Curriculum vitae/bio-data of the student.
- The students need to fill the Application Form for Summer Training available on NIPER website, www.niper.gov.in and furnish all relevant information/documents as mentioned in the application form.
All the applications for summer training to be submitted to Dean, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector 67, S.A.S. Nagar 160062, Punjab on or before 26th April 2019.
No application will be received in any case after the due date is over. There will be no responsibility on the institute for any postal delay.
All the received applications will be segregated department wise by Dean’s office* and the selected candidates shall be informed by email only by 17th May 2019. (*Guidelines for screening of summer training applications are enclosed as Annexure – I)
The selected candidates for summer training need to join the training in the respective department by 3rd June 2019 after depositing the training fees to Accounts Department, NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar.
Instructions to candidates
- Applications for the Summer Training in appropriate format should be submitted as hard copy only.
- The incomplete applications in any respect will be rejected.
- Self attested photocopies of mark sheets/grades obtained in degree course(s) and 1st year of postgraduate courses should be attached.
- In case, the mark sheets/grades for the 2nd Semester (first year) of the Post graduate courses are not available, the candidates must submit a certificate from the institute/college stating that the candidate has appeared for the exams and the results are awaited.
- Recommendation and the marks will be taken into consideration while selection of the candidates for the summer training in addition to other criteria of the institute.
- Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute on the prescribed proforma must be submitted.
- The decision of the institute in regard to selection of the candidates shall be final.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence or otherwise will be treated as disqualification
- All the candidates selected for summer training should spend the whole period of six weeks in NIPER S.A.S. Nagar without break.
- The accommodation is not available on NIPER S.A.S. Nagar campus therefore the candidates have to arrange the accommodation on their own during the training period.
- The fee will not be refunded under any circumstances nor would this fee be held in reserve for any future training.
- In case, it is detected at any stage that a student does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/ documents or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her training are liable to be terminated. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after selection for summer training, his/her training is liable to be terminated.
- Under no circumstances, NIPER S.A.S. Nagar will be held responsible for any misshappening/accident during the summer training tenure of the candidate.
- The institute reserves the right to prepone/postpone/cancel the summer training on account of technical or administrative exigencies or any other reasons.
- The institute reserves the right to alter, modify or change the eligibility criteria and/or any of the other terms and conditions.
Submit Application Before: 26th April 2019.
Guidelines for screening of summer training applications
- All the received applications for summer training will be segregated department wise in Dean Office.
- The department wise segregated applications will be sent to respective HoD for their recommendation and acceptance.
- The selected applicants shall be informed by the DR (A&E) about the acceptance of their application for summer training at NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar.
- After completion of the summer training, the trainee has to submit a report to the Deputy Registrar (A&E) duly forwarded by Supervisor and HoD. The DR (A&E) would issue relevant certificate after due approval of the Dean.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.