Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage,
(An attached office of Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare)
CGO Complex, NH – 4, Faridabad – 121 001.
Notification for engagement of 41 Senior Technical Officer (s) and 145 Technical Officer(s) on a contract basis through walk-in interview: reg
Applications are invited in the prescribed format (Annexure -I) for engagement of41 Senior Technical Officer (s) and 145 Technical Officer(s), on a purely temporary basis in the Directorate of Plant Protection, Quarantine & Storage, CGO Complex, NH – 4, Faridabad, Haryana, Pin – 121001and its sub-offices from eligible candidates to be filled through walk-in-interview as per schedule given below:
|Venue||Date and Reporting Time|
|Regional Plant Quarantine Station, Chennai||01.04.2019 at 10.00 AM|
|Regional Plant Quarantine Station, Kolkata||02.04.2019 at 10.00 AM|
|Regional Plant Quarantine Station, Mumbai||04.04.2019 at 10.00 AM|
|Regional Central Integrated Pest Management Centre, Guwahati||05.04.2019 at 10.00 AM|
|Regional Central Integrated Pest Management Centre, Faridabad (Haryana)||05.04.2019 at 10.00 AM|
- The requirement of manpower in various disciplines at various Regions/Stations and venue for interviews may be seen at Annexure-II.
- The desirous candidates shall bring along duly completed application form (Annexure-I), original documents (educational qualification certificates from 10th standards onwards, experience certificate, etc.) along with their attested photocopies, recent passport size photographs and identification proof.
4) Educational Qualification Requirement & Eligibility Criteria:
4.1 Senior Technical Officer (STO):
|Discipline (Nos. Required)||Essential Qualification|
|Toxicology||Doctorate Degree in Veterinary Pharmacology/ Veterinary|
Pathology / Animal Biotechnology and Veterinary physiology
from recognized University / Institution.
|Chemistry||Doctorate Degree in Agricultural chemistry or Doctoral Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University / Institution|
|Entomology||Doctorate degree in Entomology or Nematology or Doctorate degree in Agriculture with specialization in Entomology or Nematology of Doctorate degree in Zoology with specialization in Entomology or Nematology from a recognized University or institute.|
|Plant Pathology||Doctorate degree in Plant Pathology of Doctorate degree in Agriculture with specialization in Plant Pathology or Doctorate degree in Botany with specialization in Plant Pathology from a recognized University or institute.|
|Weed Science||Doctorate degree in Agriculture (Agronomy) or Doctorate degree in Botany with specialization in Weed Science from a recognized University or institute.|
4.2 Technical Officer (TO):
|Master’s Degree in Veterinary Science OR Master’s Degree in Laboratory Technology with specialization in Toxicology or Master’s degree in Zoology with specialization in Animal Physiology or Master’s degree in Biotechnology from a recognized university / Institution.|
|M.Sc. Degree in Agricultural Chemistry or Chemistry with specialization in organic chemistry or in Analytical chemistry from a recognized University / Institution.|
|M.Sc. Degree in Entomology or Nematology of M.Sc. in Agriculture with specialization in Entomology or Nematology of M.Sc. degree in Zoology with specialization in Entomology or Nematology from a recognized University or institute.|
|M.Sc. Degree in Plant Pathology of M.Sc. degree in Agriculture with specialization in Plant Pathology or M.Sc. degree in Botany with specialization in Plant Pathology from a recognized University or institute.|
|M.Sc. in Agriculture (Agronomy) or M.Sc. degree in Botany with Weed Science as a subject from a recognized University or institute.|
5) Likely Tenure of engagement: From 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020.
|Senior Technical Officer (STO)||Rs. 53,000/- per month. (Consolidated)*|
|Technical Officer (TO)||Rs.37,000/- per month. (Consolidated)*|
- No other allowances like HRA, Transport Allowance, etc. will be admissible.
7) Income Tax:
The concerned authority of the concerned office would be responsible for deduction of tax at source, if applicable.
8) Age Limit: The upper age limited for STOs/TOs will be as under:
- For Senior Technical Official – 40 years for male candidate and 45 years for female/ third gender (transgender) candidates.
- For Technical Official – 35 years for male candidate and 40 years for female/ third gender (transgender) candidates.
- SC / ST candidates will be eligible for age relaxation of 5 years as per Central Government Rules.
9) Terms & Conditions:
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination.
- The duration of the engagement of STOs/TOs can be discontinued owing to administrative reasons at any time by issue of one month’s notice or one month’s emoluments in lieu thereof. The STOs/TOs may also leave the assignment, on their own volition, by giving one month’s notice. At the end of the contracted period, the STOs/TOs will have no right to claim any employment or engagement in the DPPQS.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
- The number, as well as place of posting, can be changed at the discretion of respective competent authorities.
- STOs/TOs are engaged on the contractual basis they are not entitled for any regular leave.
- STOs/TOs are allowed to avail only Casual Leave (CL) and Restricted Holidays as per rules of the Govt. of India as issued from time to time.
- In addition to the CL and RH, the STOs/TOs may also be allowed compensatory leave in lieu of the duty assigned by the Officer-in-charge for and performed on holidays. The compensatory leave can be accumulated only upto 3 days at a time and the candidate must avail the same within 1 month.
- No other leave will be allowed.
- If any STOs/TOs remain absent his/her assignment without permission for 15 days, he/she will be considered wilfully left the position and such STOs/TOs will be terminated from the engagement and the waitlisted candidate(s) from the panel will be offered the position.
11) Other Terms &Conditions :
- The STOs/TOs will be under the administrative control of the concerned officer-in-charge.
- The engagement will stand terminated on completion of the tenure or on the date stated in the sanction order of the DPPQS whichever is earlier whether so communicated formally on individual basis or not.
- The service of STOs/TOs can be terminated within 24 hrs notice at any stage if any activity found to be disgraceful to the office/ organization.
- Since STOs/TOs are engaged for the DPPQS work full time, the STOs/TOs will not be allowed to do any other work either full time or part time or to accept or hold another appointment with or without remuneration elsewhere.
- DPPQS will have the intellectual property rights/proprietary right on research outputs of the STOs/TOs made during the period of working in the DPPQS. However, in case the STOs/TOs has done some research work, his/her name can accordingly be acknowledged/included appropriately in the research paper(s) as solely decided by the officer-in-charge. No right in this regard can be claimed.
- The STOs/TOs shall have no legal right to claim his/her regularization/ appointment by absorption or otherwise against any regular posts or any further contractual engagement on termination of the period. The engagement in the employment is purely time-bound, non-regular and on co-terminus basis with the DPPQS. The services of the incumbent shall stand terminated automatically on expiry of the period given in the sanction.
- The STOs/TOs shall perform any other office work as assigned by the officer-in-charge from time to time.
- STOs/TOs are required to adhere to the administrative, financial and disciplinary regulations of DPPQS where the incumbent is working. Regular attendance of the STOs/TOs may be ensured by the concerned officer-in-charge through bio-metric attendance system (wherever facility available) or keeping an attendance register (if that Station(s) is not having biometric system).
- The STOs/TOs shall hand over the work, files before the end of contractual engagement on termination of period to the concerned Station In-charge.
- The STOs/TOs shall settle their claims within two months.
Note: Candidate may contact the undersigned for queries if any:
Chief Administrative Officer
Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage,
(Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare)
CGO Complex, NH – 4, Faridabad – 121 001