Vacancy for the position of Project Assistant
Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences (SSBS) was established as a new initiative of Symbiosis International University (SIU) in 2011 under the Faculty of Health and Biological Sciences (FOHBS) to address the need for a school devoted to training, research and development in the field of biological sciences.
Applications are invited for the following posts to be filled on a purely temporary basis at Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences, Symbiosis International University, Pune.
Name of the post: Project Assistant
Research Area: Biochemistry, Enzymology and Bioanalytical techniques
Funding: Advanced Bio-Agro Tech Limited (ABTL), Pune
Minimum educational Qualifications/experience: M.Sc. or M.Tech Biotechnology or M.Sc. Biochemistry/Life sciences/Botany/Zoology/Microbiology or equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks/equivalent grade
Preference/Desirable qualifications and expertise: Research experience in Biochemistry and especially Enzymology, and Bioanalytical techniques
No. of the post: 2 (Two)
Stipend: Eligible candidates would avail stipend of Rs. 25,000/- per month
Tenure: of the post One year
Age: Below 30 years
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV Dr. Ram Kulkarni (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before the last date (26/03/2019) with “Application for ABTL project position” as the subject.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview on the date which will be informed later by email.
Applicant should bring all the original certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, caste, experience etc. at the time of interview for the purpose.
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in SIU, Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project and SIU, Pune.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of these does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be provided for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.