14 Central Universities, established by an act of Parliament and the Bengaluru Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics, an autonomous institution of Government of Karnataka, jointly organize Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET-2019) for various Programmes. th th The test will be conducted at different centres across the country on 25 & 26 May 2019.
For List of Programmes offered by the PUs, Eligibility Criteria, Number of Seats visit CUCET Website
Reservation of seats as per Government of India (GoI)/Participating Universities (PUs) Norms. Candidates are strongly advised to refer to the website of individual PU for reservation policy of respective University/Institute.
All applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for the programme, because, different universities have different eligibility criteria for similar programmes. Hence, applicants will themselves be responsible if they opt for a programme for which they are not eligible.
Applications should be submitted ONLINE only; OFFLINE applications will NOT be accepted
Applicants are required to have a valid personal email ID and mobile number which should be kept active during the entire admission process, so that the university may send alerts, important communications etc., regarding entrance test. Under no circumstances, should the candidate share/mention his/her email ID with any other person.
As all communication will be made through e-mail and SMS, please ensure that DND (Do Not Disturb) is not activated on your mobile.
Applicants should be ready with his/her good quality and latest digital photograph (20 KB – 50 KB) and signature of size between 10 KB – 50 KB while applying.
Guidelines to Upload Photograph and Signature
- Applicants are required to fill in the details in the form carefully without making any spelling mistakes. On submission of online application successfully, applicants can make the payment for their selected programme by Online mode.
- An applicant can fill the Application Form partially and log in again to complete it as early as possible on or before the last date.
- Test Centre cities – Each candidate should choose Test Centre City of his/her choice from Annexure-II. Change of Test Centre City will not be permitted after submission of Application Form. In case, less than 100 candidates register for a particular centre, it will be cancelled and the candidates will be required to appear at nearby centre allotted to him/her (as given by the candidate or decided by CUCET 2019).
- Applicants will receive SMS and Email alerts at the time of registration and also after completing the registration.
- Applicants can apply for a particular programme for a maximum of three PUs with a maximum of 03 options of programmes in each of the selected PU.
- In case a candidate wishes to opt for more PUs with additional (extra) programme(s), he/she can opt for the “AddOn” option by paying the additional prescribed fee again.
|General/OBC/EWS Applicants||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ST Applicants||Rs. 350/-|
- An applicant can apply for payment through net-banking/debit/credit card/UPI.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/Bank.
- An applicant can apply for three programmes from three Participating Universities (PUs) by paying the application fee as mentioned above.
- An applicant can further apply upto 03 additional PU‟s (03 programmes each) by availing Addon facility by paying additional fee Rs. 800/- (Gen/OBC/EWS applicants) or Rs. 350/- (SC/ST applicants). While doing so, a University can be repeated in add on.
- The application fee for an International applicant is Rs. 3500/-.
Applicants are allowed to appear for CUCET-2019 provisionally subject to the final verification of mark sheets/degrees/certificates, the validity of certificates/mark sheets of qualifying examination and also of noninvolvement in the adoption of unfair means in any of the University Examinations/Entrance Tests held earlier, at the time of admission.
Applicants appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for CUCET-2019, but at the time of admission counseling, he/she will have to produce the mark sheet/degree about their fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
Mere securing the pass mark in the CUCET-2019 does not entitle an applicant to be considered for admission to the programme applied unless he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria/conditions.
Question Paper pattern: –
All Question Papers will be MCQ based consisting of:
(i) Part A : English Language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills – comprising of 25 MCQs
(ii) Part B: Domain Knowledge – comprising of 75 MCQs. This part may consist of one/two/three or more sections. Each section can have 25 or more questions. An applicant is required to answer a set of „X‟ sections (75 questions) as specified on the front cover of the Test Question Booklet. However, he/she must ensure that he/she fills right circles in the OMR Sheet corresponding to the question numbers attended.
(iii) For example, Part B of Entrance Test-Paper (eg. UIQP01) shall consist of four sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology comprising 25 questions each. Applicants shall be required to attempt any three sections with combination of either PCM or PCB. While choosing the combination applicant must ensure that he/she has appeared in respective subjects at 10+2 or Pre-Board or equivalent qualifying exam.
(iv) If an Entrance Test-paper contents X number of sections and an applicant is required to answer Y number of section but if an applicant attempt all „X‟ sections then best of „X‟ sections as per instructions on the question booklet will be considered for preparation of Merit list.
(v) Admission to some Integrated Programmes/B.Voc/MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general Programme, only one paper comprising of 100 MCQs covering English language, reasoning, data interpretations/ numerical ability, general awareness and analytical skills will be held.
(vi) An applicant will have to choose one correct answer and mark on OMR Sheet. However if an applicant marks multiple entries in the OMR Sheet for particular question(s), it will be treated as wrong answer with negative marking. (vii) Each paper will be only of Two Hours Duration.
(viii) There will be negative marking in CUCET-2019 in UI and PG programmes. Each correct answer will carry 01 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Questions not attempted will not be assessed and hence will not be considered for preparing final merit list.
(ix) No negative marking for research programmes of CUCET examination 2019.
- In case an applicant appears in Test-paper exam other than that specified in his/her application form/admit card, his/her exam will be cancelled. It is the responsibility of applicants to appear incorrect Test-paper prescribed for chosen programme.
- Use of unfair means, as reported by Test Centers, shall automatically disqualify applicants from CUCET-2019.
- After completion of exam(s) in CUCET-2019, applicants will be allowed to take Question Booklet and duplicate copy of OMR Sheet. However, each applicant must ensure to handover original OMR Sheet to the Invigilator.
(a) Application form through Postal/Courier/Personal mode will not be accepted under any circumstances.
(b) An applicant will be solely responsible for completion of online application form including payment of online fees on or before the expiry of last date/time.
- After CUCET 2019 result is declared, applicants will be allotted seats in order of merit in their respective programme and university/institute through online/offline counseling. The counselling session will be conducted at each university/institute separately and notified accordingly on their respective websites. There will be separate fee for online counselling. Applicants are advised to visit the CUCET 2019 and PUs website for admission counselling process.
- Detailed information about CUCET-2019 is available on CUCET website cucetexam.in
- Candidates are required to apply online through CUCET-2019 website.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final examination of the qualifying degree/certificate are also eligible to apply.
- Details of the programme of studies, Eligibility Criteria, Programme Structure, Faculty Profile etc. are available at the respective website of Participating universities and candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of each PU for a given programme before applying for CUCET-2019.
- CUCET-2019 provides facilities for applying to admission to these universities by single examination process with nominal examination fees.
- Online admission counselling facility is available for some universities with additional fees.
|Opening of Online Application Form for all Programmes||March 13, 2019|
|Closing of Online Application Form for all Programmes||April 13, 2019|
|Issue of Admit Cards||May 10, 2019|
|Exam Date||May 25 & 26, 2019|
|Result Declaration||June 21, 2019|