Advertisement for admission in M. Tech in Biotechnology in the School of Basic Sciences IIT Mandi
IIT Mandi invites applications for admission in ‘M. Tech. in Biotechnology’ programme in semester commencing July 2019. The degree will be offered in one of the following areas based on the courses covered and research conducted by the students.
- M. Tech in Biotechnology
- M. Tech in Biotechnology with specialization in Systems Biology
- M. Tech in Biotechnology with specialization in Medical and Nano-Biotechnology
The advanced facilities in the BioX center (http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/research/biox/) and AMRC (http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/research/amrc/) support the programme. The faculty profiles of IIT Mandi can be found here (https://www.iitmandi.ac.in/institute/faculty/faculty.php)
1) M.Sc./B.Tech. in Life Sciences or related areas with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10; relaxable in case of SC/ST, OBC and PH applicants as per prevailing government norms) along with a valid GATE Score in Life Sciences, Biotechnology or other related areas.
For all B.Techs from IITs who graduated with a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE qualification is waived off.
2) Candidates appearing for final examinations of their B. Tech./M.Sc. program with valid GATE 2019 score can also apply and if selected can join the program provisionally. At the time of the interview /counselling they must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that by 30th July 2019, s/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s/Masters degree.
In case such candidates fail to secure above-mentioned marks, the provisional admission will be terminated with immediate effect.
- Candidates should apply online using the link: http://oas.iitmandi.ac.in/admission
- It is mandatory for all candidates with valid GATE score to register at COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal) and use the COAP registration number while filling the application form.
- For instructions of COAP refer to last year portal http://www.coap.iitm.ac.in/
Starting date for filling Online Application: 16th March 2019
Last date for filling Online Application: 3rd April 2019
Declaration of Shortlisted Candidates: between 8th – 12th April 2019 (tentative)
Interview/Counseling Dates: between 19th – 26th April 2019 (tentative)
Basis of Selection:
The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test/interview/counselling, if required, based on performance in GATE, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
Contact for further queries related to:
- Filling-up of online applications – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any other queries – email@example.com
Note: Updates/changes related to this advert if any, will be published online at www.iitmandi.ac.in
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.