Research Scholars Program – I – 2019
The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology.
The current research themes include:
- Computational & Structural Biology
- Cancer and Stem Cell Biology
- Genetics and Epigenetics
- Cell Signalling
- Molecular Microbiology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Molecular Pathogenesis
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to Research Scholars program beginning July/August 2019. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, persons from diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to apply for the PhD program of Manipal University or University of Hyderabad or Regional Centre of Biotechnology.
To be eligible all the candidates must have:
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture from a recognized University/ Institute OR MBBS. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / BINC / JEST / UGC – RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship. Candidates having qualified for the Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ [which is only for a period of two years] / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list are NOT eligible to apply.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CDFD.
a)If a candidate’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE the fellowship status by 03.05.2019.
b)Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying and writing the test, BUT, only candidates with a valid fellowship will be shortlisted for interview.
- Candidates with LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
Admission to the CDFD Research Scholars program in July/August 2019 (RSP – I – 2019) will be based on interviews conducted at CDFD on June 17 and June 18, 2019. The shortlist of candidates to appear for these interviews will be prepared by CDFD from:
1) Applicants who appear in the ENTRANCE examination that will be conducted jointly by CCMB and CDFD at 19 different centres across India on May 5, 2019, and have applied to CDFD RSP – I – 2019. (CDFD-LAN Shortlist)
The shortlisting will be based on cut-off scores determined by CDFD.
As the CDFD-JGEEBILS shortlist will be displayed only on 10th May 2019, candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2019 exam are encouraged to appear for the CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination to be held on May 5, 2019.
Interested candidates (including those who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2019) need to register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM – I – 2019 by applying in the prescribed application form. online portal.
The Online facility of application will open on March 11, 2019, and will be closed on April 15, 2019.
The CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination will be held on May 5, 2019.
The candidates applying are requested to pay an application fee as detailed below:
|General Candidates||INR 500/-|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||INR 250/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates||INR 125/-|
The additional Payment Gateway Transaction Charges @ 3.10% will be charged extra from the Candidate.
- There is no walk-in for the written test and THERE WILL BE NO SPOT REGISTRATION.
- CDFD’s Research Scholars Program is a fully residential program. The selected candidates will have to stay on campus.
- Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews. No TA/DA will be paid.
- Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CDFD in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
The Individual Admit Card / Hall Ticket with details of user name, password, venue of the examination and time will be sent through e-mail. No individual intimation letter would be sent. Director, CDFD reserves the right to accept/reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Open date for submitting an online application – 11/3/2019.
- Last date for submitting an online application – 15/4/2019.
- Date of issue of ADMIT CARDS – 20/4/2019.
- Date of CCMB / CDFD joint Entrance Examination – 05/05/2019.
- Date for Display of CDFD JGEEBILS-2019 shortlist – 10/5/2019.
- Date for Display of CDFD-LAN shortlist – 10/5/2019.
- Date of the interview – 17/6/2019 & 18/6/2019.