NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH BHUBANESWAR
Notice for Admission to Ph.D Program: 2019-20 (Summer Session)
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to Ph.D program scheduled to commence from 26th July, 2019 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar:
1. School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
2. School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
3. School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
4. School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
5. School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS)
6.School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
Eligibility for Biological Sciences Stream:
60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M.Techin any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology. Students with Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics having interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
Requirement of Qualifying in National Level Examinations for pursuing Ph.D program
School of Biological Sciences – Candidates should have qualified at least one of the National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC-NET/ GATE/ JEST/ GPAT/ DBT/ ICMR / JGEEBILS or any other equivalent national level examination valid for the academic year 2019-2020.
- The cut off marks for national examination such as GATE/JEST/GPAT/NBHM/JGEEBILS/CSIR-UGC-NET etc will be further decided by each School for the relevant subject area.
- Those who have appeared for CSIR-UGC-NET examination held in December, 2018 and awaiting results may also apply. However, such candidates, if shortlisted have to produce the qualifying mark statement of CSIR-UGC-NET examon the date of Ph.D written test / interview failing which his/her candidature will be rejected automatically.
- Student having INSPIRE Fellowship ONLY will not be considered for Ph.D admission in NISER as per HBNI Ordinance.
Checklist for application submission
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading;
- JPEG file of your passport size photo.
- JPEG file of your valid signatures.
- Birth Certificate/10th pass certificate in support of date of birth.
- Certificate in support of category (SC/ST), only if applicable.
- Certificate and mark sheets in support of passing qualifying examination i.e Master’s degree. In case the original pass certificate is not issued by University then a certificate from the University on its letterhead with seal of the concerned authority certifying the completion of degree should be submitted.
- Certificate/document in support of qualifying national level examination(s) viz. CSIRUGC NET/GATE/GPAT/DBT/ICMR/JEST/NBHM or any other as applicable.
- Candidates who have appeared CSIR-UGC-NET exam held in December 2018 and are awaiting the result are required to upload the CSIR-UGC-NET admit card at the time of submission of online application.
Online application will be activated on: 02.03.2019 (Saturday)
Last date for filling up online application: 01.04.2019 (Monday)
List of short-listed candidates will be uploaded on NISER website latest by: 15.04.2019 (Monday)
Tentative dates for test/interview will be as follows: 16.05.2019 – 17.05.2019
Each school will send the call letters to the candidates separately.
Kindly refer to the website for the announcement of the selected candidates.
- The registration is scheduled to be held on 23rd July, 2019 (Tuesday).
- If you have any further query, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com for Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Computer Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciencesrespectively.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit school web page for more information on research activities…
Address for communication and more details
Faculty-In Charge (Academic Affairs),
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
P.O.-Jatni, Dist-Khurda, Odisha-752050
Phone: 0674-2494013, Fax-0674-2494004
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.