Government of India
Ministry of Railways
Railway Recruitment Boards
CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) No.02/2019
Railway Recruitment Boards invite ONLINE applications from eligible candidates as mentioned at 4.0 of this CEN for the posts of Paramedical Categories
Name of the Post: Lab Superintendent Grade III
Lower Age: 18
Upper Age: 33
Medical Standard: B1
Minimum Educational Qualifications
B.Sc with Bio-Chemistry / Micro Biology / Life science / B.Sc with Chemistry and Biology as main or as optional / subsidiary subjects or equivalent plus Diploma in Medical Lab technology (DMLT) or equivalent
B.Sc in Medical Technology (Laboratory) from a recognized institution.
Medical Standards for the Posts:
Candidates called for Document Verification will have to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post(s) opted by them. Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of Railway staff. The medical requirements against different Medical Standards for different categories are outlined below:
Medical Standard: B-1
General fitness: Physically fit in all respects
Vision Standards: Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D), Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and Must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision and Mesopic vision.
Candidates applying for the posts in this CEN have to pay the prescribed fee as per their category detailed below:
|Sl. No||Candidate Categories||Fee|
|1.||For all candidates except the fee Concession categories mentioned below. Out of this fee of Rs 500/- an amount of Rs 400/- shall be refunded to their bank account duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT.||Rs. 500/-|
|2.||For candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / PwBDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class This fee of `250/- shall be refunded to their bank account duly deducting bank charges as applicable, on appearing in CBT||Rs. 250|
Modes of Payment of Fee:
|(a) ONLINE fee payment||Through internet banking or debit/credit cards or UPI|
|(b) OFFLINE fee payment||Through
1. SBI Bank Challan Payment mode in any branch of SBI
2. Post Office Challan Payment mode in any branch of computerized post office
- Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date of online registration (02.04.2019). CANDIDATES WAITING FOR FINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
- Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the detailed CEN available on the official websites of RRBs.
- Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs indicated at Para 20.0 of the CEN and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
- Candidates should have their own Mobile Number and valid & active e-mail ID as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and e-mail. The Mobile Number and e-mail ID should be active till the completion of recruitment process. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
- Vacancies for the various posts notified are given at Annexure-B
- Level of the post and Pay: It is indicated against each post at Annexure-A.
- Age Limit as on 01.07.2019: The lower and upper age limits prescribed for each post are indicated at Para 5.1 with relevant upper age relaxation.
- Medical Standard: Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment.
- Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to RRBs concerned by post. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith. Candidates can modify the application particulars except RRB chosen, E-mail ID and Mobile Number, even after submission of application, but within the last date of submission of application, by paying modification fee. However, after the last date for submission of application, RRBs shall not entertain any representation for modification of the information furnished in the application.
- Stages of Exam: There shall be a single stage Computer Based Test (CBT). However, RRBs reserve the right to conduct additional CBTs.
- Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Banned items:- Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, Bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallets/purses, belts and metallic wears including ornaments etc., are strictly NOT allowed inside the examination hall. Any infringement of this instruction will entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the above banned items to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
- Center/City allocation will depend upon technical and logistical feasibility. Candidates may have to travel to other Cities/States. CENTRALIZED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) No. 02/2019 Page 4 of 51
- Candidates are required to go through the Post Parameter Table, Vacancy Table and ascertain their eligibility to apply through ONLINE mode to any one RRB only, depending upon their eligibility for a post. The selection of RRB once exercised shall be final. Application to more than one RRB, will lead to rejection of all the applications.
Important Dates & Time
|Opening of online registration of application||04.03.2019 at 10:00 hrs|
|Closing of online registration of application||02.04.2019 at 23:59 hrs|
|Closing of offline payment||04.04.2019 at 13:00 hrs|
|Closing of offline payment||04.04.2019 at 13:00 hrs|
|Closing of online payment||05.04.2019 at 22:00 hrs|
|Closing of online submission of application complete in all respects||07.04.2019 at 23:59 hrs|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||Tentatively scheduled during 1st week of June, 2019|