Advertisement for Summer Training 2019
Bose Institute offers short term training for outstanding students in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Chemical Sciences from different Universities/ academic institutes during the months of May to July 2019 (for a total period of two months).
The training is provided by faculty members of the Institute who would select students based on their own academic Interest and those of the students. Students are encouraged to visit the web-pages of individual faculty members to make them aware of the available research programmes prior to filling up the form.
A maximum of thirty students may be selected under this programme.
Students selected by the Science Education panel of Indian Academy of Sciences for Summer Research Fellowship-2019 and assigned to Bose Institute need not apply again.
Unfortunately, no accommodation can be provided and outstation candidates are expected to arrange for their own accommodation in Kolkata.
- Students pursuing Masters Degree (e.g. MSc, MVSc, MTech, Integrated MS students in their 4th year) in any stream of physical/biological/engineering/medical sciences. Students pursuing Bachelors’ courses (eg B.Sc) may also apply if they are the recipients of INSPIRE, JBNSTS, KVPY, NTSE or similar prestigious awards.
- ≥75% aggregate score (or an equivalent grade) in both secondary (+10) and higher secondary (10+2) and ≥60% in the graduation.
- Only online applications shall be considered. Interested candidates should apply here.
- All applications must include a scanned copy of the recommendation/forwarding letter from the Head of the Department/Institution or Registrar/Dean of the University/Institute/College of the candidate in the prescribed format.
- Applications must also include the write-up on the career goals of the student and how this training is going to be helpful for them.
- If selected, original certificates/mark sheets, recommendation letter, and identity proof shall be verified at the time of joining the programme.
|Last date for receipt of filled-in online application form||30th March 2019|
|Announcement of the list of selected candidates||10th April 2019|
|Tentative date of commencement of the training||2nd May 2018|
Enquiries regarding the applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Ajit Bikram Datta,
Dept. Of Biochemistry,
Bose Institute Centenary Campus,
P 1/12 CIT Scheme VIIM,
Kolkata-700 054, India.