IISER-K Summer Student Research Programme 2019
IISER-Kolkata invites applications for Summer Student Research Programme 2019. Interested candidates with relevant qualifications are encouraged to apply online for the Summer Internship Program.
To provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of Institutions or Universities across India an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the Research Groups of IISER during the summer vacation.
- The duration of Summer Research Programme of IISER Kolkata is from 20th May to 12th July 2019
- ONLY applications submitted through the portal will be considered for Summer Internship 2019.
- Each selected candidate will be formally associated with a Faculty Member of the Institute.
- After joining, each candidate needs an original certificate from the currently affiliated organization (HoD/Supervisor, on letterhead) that she/he is not getting any other financial support.
- For funded interns, a consolidated Fellowship amount will be deposited in the intern’s bank account directly at the end of the programme.
- On-campus accommodation is mandatory and is chargeable.
- Hostel Accommodation (Rs. 125.00 per week) and Bedding (Rs. 35.00 per day) charges for the duration of the entire stay need to be paid at the time of joining. Students can bring their own bedding.
- Access to computational and library facilities will be provided.
- Each candidate must submit a formal Joining report within 1 week of joining that has the details on Project Title, Bank Account details, and approval by selected Faculty Member. The address and bank account details (if any) submitted by the candidates will be treated final. The institute will not be liable for these information.
- Selected students should join the Program in no later than one week from 20th May.
- A participation certificate will be awarded at the end of the Programme, subject to the submission of a Project Report.
Students having KVPY/INSPIRE or any other summer research fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship programme will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization. There is a provision for a limited number of IISER-K summer research fellowships, the details of which will be notified in due time.
The Fellowship is of Rs.1250.00 per week or Rs. 10000.00 for eight weeks.
- Staying in campus accommodation throughout the period of the visit is mandatory unless the research work requires traveling.
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of IISER-K.
- Submission of a final Project Report is mandatory for the award of completion certificate.
You may select a maximum of two faculty members in order of your preference in the application form. Please click here to see faculty profiles.
Application portal opens: 15th Feb 2019
Application portal closes: 8th March 2019 at 4.00 PM
Publication of list of selected candidates: 26th March 2019
Last date of receiving confirmation from selected candidates: 3rd April 2019
Summer research programme begins: 20th May 2019
Summer research programme ends: 12th July 2019
For any queries on submission of online applications please write to email@example.com