Raman Research Institute
Advt., No. 1 /2019
Applications are invited for up to FOUR posts of RESEARCH ASSISTANT (RA) on a temporary basis for Chromatin Biology Project in the Soft Condensed Matter Group of the Institute.
Raman Research Institute seeks motivated individuals with good academic background with an aptitude to explore and master the functioning and use of scientific equipment and eagerness to learn new techniques. The details of the required qualifications and experience are given below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
No. of Vacancies: Up to 04
Duration of Appointment: The position is for 1 year with first 6 months under probation. Position may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years, with regular evaluation.
Job Description: RA will be responsible for setting up invitro experiments on chromatin assembly for single molecule biophysics experiments in nanoscale devices project in Soft Condensed Matter group at RRI.
Remuneration: A consolidated remuneration of Rs. 23,500/- with 24% HRA on the consolidated remuneration per month will be paid to the selected candidates.
Essential Qualification: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. degree in any field of Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Chemical Sciences with at least 1 year of academic research or industrial work experience in molecular biology and DNA and protein biochemistry.
Desirable: Experimental work experience in a research lab in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, cloning, recombinant protein expression and purification and microscopy imaging. Candidates with experience with chromatin assembly, DNA-protein complex assembly, handling RNA work will be preferred. Hands-on experience with quantitative techniques like UV-vis absorption, white-light and/or fluorescence microscopy and density gradient fractionation will be preferred. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary lab environment, detail and math oriented, excellent documentation skills and should have a quantitative approach in research. Familiarity with Excel, Onenote as well as any programming language is desirable.
Upper Age Limit: The upper age limit is 45 years, as on the last date for closing of applications.
The last date for receipt of applications is 8th February 2019. Applications received after the last date will not be considered.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per Govt., of India rules for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for test/ interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of relevant qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Candidate should be self-driven, motivated and have leadership skills to manage the personnel working with him.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to appear for a personal interview at the Raman Research Institute. Under exceptional cases, Skype interview may be considered. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interviews. Mere fulfilling the essential and desired qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax any of the above requirements in exceptional cases.
- The Institute reserves the right, not to fill the post herein advertised.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
How to apply:
Applications (strictly adhering to the format) are preferred to be emailed as a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “RA-Bio-2019 Position for Nano-Biophysics Lab”. For candidates without email access, applications may also be sent in a sealed envelope super-scribing “RA-Bio-2019 Position for Nano-Biophysics Lab” addressed to the CO-ORDINATOR, SOFT CONDENSED MATTER GROUP, RAMAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE, C. V. RAMAN AVENUE, SADASHIVANAGAR, BANGALORE 560080.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.