GUJARAT PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
On-Line applications are invited for the post the Scientific Officer (Biology group), Class-II, in General State Service under the Director of Forensic Science, Home Department (Advt. 124 /2018-19) between date 02/01/2019, 13.00 Hrs. to date 17/01 /2019, 13.00 Hrs.
- Candidate shall carefully read the Advertisement No. and Name of the Post before Applying online. Candidates shall confirm the application only after verifying the details filled in the application form.
- Any request or representation to correct any error or omission in the confirmed online application, or information filled in by the candidates shall not be accepted.
- In case of more than one online application made by the candidate, only the latest confirmed application will be considered by the Commission. For candidates belonging to the unreserved category the last confirmed application with fees will be considered by the Commission.
- Candidates shall keep ready the certificate required in case of eligibility for the interview (in the order mentioned in the general instructions)
Name of Post: Scientific Officer (Biology group) in General State Service, Class-II
Total No. of Vacancy:– 02
PAY:- Pay Band Rs.44900-142400
AGE:-Not more than 37 years. Age will be calculated as on the last date of the receipt of application.
(A) Possess (i) a postgraduate degree in Forensic science (with Biological Sciences) or Forensic Pharmacy or Forensic Nanotechnology or Botany or Zoology or Biochemistry or Microbiology or Life Science or BioScience or Biotechnology or Genetics obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by under the Central or State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared as to be deemed as University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act,1956:
(B) Possess a bachelor’s degree with Forensics Science or Botany or Zoology or BioChemistry or Micro-biology or Life Science or Bio-Science or Biotechnology or Genetics or Pharmacy as a principal subject obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by under the Central or State Act in India; or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared as to be deemed as University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. And
- have about two years’ experience on the post not below the rank of Laboratory Technician, Class III, in the subordinate service of the Directorate of Forensic Science, Gujarat State in the Biology or Serology or DNA or Food Poison sections/divisions of the Forensic Science Laboratory; or
- have about two years’ experience of research or analytical work in the respective subject in the Government or Local bodies or Government Undertaking Board or Corporation or private or public sector Laboratory or research institute or limited company established under the Companies Act, 2013 or University or College on the post not below tank of Laboratory Technician, Class III in the subordinate service of the Director of Forensic Science of Gujarat state:
(C) Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed by the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment (General) Rules, 1967.
(D) Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both.
Candidates of General Category have to pay Rs.100/- as Application fee. While candidates of Ex-Serviceman, Reserved Category of Gujarat State & candidates who are physically disabled have not to pay the application fee. While candidates of Reserved Category of Other States have to apply in the unreserved category and have to pay the application fee.
The candidates having a qualification from foreign University Should produce necessary documents /proof regarding the recognition/equivalence of their degree. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to produce necessary documents in time. The commission will not consider any representation about this.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.