The Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2019) will be held at TIFR, Mumbai during the period May 6 to June 28, 2019.
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts annual summer programmes in which talented students are introduced to research activities in the areas of Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
The selected students are expected to work on a research project under the supervision of a TIFR researcher.
TIFR encourages applications from motivated students who have completed at least two years of undergraduate coursework in science and engineering fields.
Computer & Systems Sciences :
1) Two years of undergraduate coursework in an academic institution.
2) Should not have participated in VSRP before.
Please note that the VSRP programme is for students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme and not for Ph.D. students or faculty members.
Selection is purely based on the academic performance of the student, submitted write-up and referee reports. There is no selection test/interview.
Selected students are paid a monthly stipend @ Rs 7000/- per month and to and fro travel reimbursement from the place of their residence. Also, free shared accommodation on- or off- campus is provided.
How to apply
Students are encouraged to apply online.
- Registration includes two steps: First complete basic registration step by clicking the “Apply Online” button given below.
- During the basic registration, “Prefered Subject” indicates TIFR subject area you are applying for i.e., Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Mathematics / Computer & Systems Sciences.
- After completing basic registration, you will receive an email with a link for advanced registration. Before proceeding to advanced registration, please keep the following ready :
a) Scanned photo (.jpg file of size not exceeding 100kb ) of your passport size photograph.
b) Students can select two areas of research for a selected department. Please read the Information Brochure before you fill this section.
c) A write-up of up to 400 words, describing your interest in the most preferred field of study has to be provided in the appropriate box. The write up should not contain special characters. In particular, use of equations in write-ups is strongly discouraged.
d) Names, Affiliation, Designation, Contact address (both e-mail and physical address) and contact phone number of two referees who would be filling referee reports for you. They should be teachers or persons with whom you have interacted academically.
The link for filling up the Referee Report Form online will be sent by email to both Referees after complete registration.
Last date for application: January 31, 2019
For Maths – February 28, 2019
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.