INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH TIRUPATI
Karakambadi Road, Mangalam B.O.,
Tirupati – 517 507, Andhra Pradesh
ADVERTISEMENT NO.: 30/2018
Recruitment for the post of “Project Assistant / Fellow” under funded project
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on contract basis:
Name of the post: Project Assistant / Fellow
No. of post: One (1)
Name of the project: High throughput screening of inhibitors to desequester Plasmodium gametocytes from human bone marrow to block transmission of parasites.
Description: The project aims to identify cell types that bind to Plasmodium gametocytes followed by screening of inhibitors that would disrupt this critical interaction.
For more information see http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/people/faculty/suchigoel.php
Funding Agency: SERB, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Principal Investigator: Dr. Suchi Goel
Project Code: 30218031
Tenure: The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three years. The position is co-terminus with the project.
M.Sc. in Biology/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Life Sciences or equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade.
- Candidates having qualified and having valid CSIR / UGC NETJRF or GATE scorecard.
- Experience in Molecular biology, Cell biology and Cell culture techniques.
- Candidates who have qualified any of the national level test like CSIR / UGC – NET / GATE etc. with valid score in score card are eligible for remuneration of Rs. 25000/- + 10% HRA per month (Consolidated).
- Others will be eligible for Rs.16,000/- + 10% HRA per month based on their academic qualification.
How to Apply
- Applicants should send their application by email addressed to email@example.com attaching duly filled application form available below this advt. (converted into PDF) on or before the last date i.e., 31 January 2019 by 5.00 p.m. Please mention the name of the Post and Project Code in the subject line. No other application form will be accepted.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified by email for interview. No separate email / call letter will be issued.
- The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. would be collected at the time of interview. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for verification, along with one set of photo copies.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.