INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH
V. Ramalingaswamy Bhawan, New Delhi-29
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), an autonomous organization under the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India invites applications for filling up of the following posts in Indian Council of Medical Research and its various Institutes/ Centres, located in various parts of the Country on direct recruitment basis.
Name of Post: Scientist ‘C’
Pay Level in Pay Matrix: Pay Level 11 (Rs.67700-208700)
Vacancies*: 15 (Non-Medical)
- (i) The vacancies are tentative which may vary as per requirement of ICMR.
(ii) Specialization/ specific area to be decided in due course.
First class Master’s degree in the relevant subjects from a recognized university with 4 years R&D/teaching experience in the relevant subject after 1st Class Master’s Degree.
Second class M.Sc + Ph.D. degree in the relevant subject from a recognized University with 4 years R&D/teaching experience in the relevant subject after M.Sc + Ph.D.
Not exceeding 40 years.
- Doctorate or M. Tech Degree in a relevant science or engineering subject or MD in the relevant subject from a recognized university for candidates with a first class relevant degree
- Additional Post doctoral research/teaching experience in relevant subjects in recognized Institute(s)
- Knowledge of Computer Applications or Business Intelligence tools /Data Management
(i) MD/ MS/ MDS/Ph.D. in the relevant subject shall be treated equivalent to three years experience.
(ii) Postgraduate Diploma in medical subjects/ M.Tech/ M.V.Sc in the relevant subjects shall be treated equivalent to two years experience.
- To coordinate, conduct and plan extramural and intramural research activities undertaken by ICMR and its Institutes in different areas of Health Research.
- Engage with Government and Non-Government organizations and international agencies for ongoing/new collaborative programs.
- Participate, coordinate, plan and assist in technical review meetings of national importance.
- Prepare/support in drafting various technical reports/documents/ annual report/replies to Parliament Questions.
- Support to various institution-building activities, outreach programs and dissemination of research findings at national and international platforms.
- Contribute towards planning and implementation of research programs/activities aligned with sustainable development goals (SDGs) National Health Policy and National Missions.
- Assist in preparation of various guidelines/policy documents/data analysis/data mining.
- Participate in research synthesis through evidence to policy.
- Engage in outbreak investigations/ field surveys/ drug trials/ insecticide evaluation/ vaccine research/ technology development/ laboratory research, etc.
- Any other job as assigned by Director of the Institute/Head of Technical Division of ICMR/ DG, ICMR.
The selected candidates will be appointed on direct recruitment basis. Pay & Allowances shall be as per applicable rules. Pension will be admissible as per new restructured defined contribution Pension scheme, contained in the Ministry of Finance, D/o Economic Affairs (ECD & PR Division), Notification No. 5/7/2003 & PR dated 22.12.2003 effective from 1.1.2004.
How to apply:
A) Eligible candidates may submit their application separately for Scientist C – Medical and/ or Scientist C – Non- Medical in the prescribed format available in ICMR website (https://www.icmr.nic.in->CareerOpprotunity> Scientist/ ICMR-Hqrs New Delhi/ Open/ Permanent posts>Advertisement for the post of Scientist ‘C’ for ICMR Hqrs. and its Institute) along with following documents:
- Examination fee of Rs. 500/- by means of Demand Draft in favour of Director General, ICMR, New Delhi, wherever applicable.
- Copy of Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent certificate/Mark-sheet, issued by Central/State Board, indicating Date of Birth in support of claim of age. Date of Birth Certificate issued by appropriate authority, in case where date of birth is not available in Matriculation/ 10th Standard or equivalent certificate/mark sheets.
- Degree certificate as proof of educational qualifications claimed. In the absence of Degree certificate, provisional certificate along with mark sheets.
- Certificate(s) of experience should clearly mention the designation, duration (date, month & year), the basic pay and/or consolidated salary, and the nature of duties performed and experience obtained in the employment.
- Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments/ Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organization and Govt. funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel. Advance copies of the application will also be considered subject to the conditions that a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer is produced at the time of personal discussion/ interview.
Note: If any document/ certificate furnished is in a language other than Hindi or English, a self-attested transcript of the same should be submitted.
B) (i) The application should be addressed to the Assistant Director General (Admn.), Indian Council of Medical Research, V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, Post Box. No. 4911, New Delhi – 110029, so as to reach on or before 11th January 2019 (Friday).
(ii) The application received without requisite documents or without fee or incomplete applications or after the closing date of receipt of application, will summarily be rejected without any communication. ICMR will not be responsible for late receipt of application due to postal delay.
The selection will be based on personal discussion taking into account publications, research experience, awards, fellowship, performance in personal discussion etc., as per decision of the Director-General, ICMR which will be final.
- Outstation candidates, who will be called for personal discussion/ interview, shall be paid restricted to 2nd class rail fare or actual, by the shortest route, whichever is less, subject to production of ticket. In respect of abroad candidates, rail fare by shortest route will be defrayed by the shortest route from permanent residence in India to place of personal discussion/ interview.
- Applicants should indicate legibly on the envelope “Application for the post of Scientist “C’ ICMR – Medical/ Non-Medical”
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/ recruitment shall be considered as disqualification.
- No correspondence shall be entertained on the issue related to selection process.
- Any further details/ communication shall be displayed in ICMR websites only.