HIMACHAL PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST-2018
Advertisement No. 17/2018 Dated: 21-12-2018
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATIONS THROUGH WEBSITE IS UPTO 10-01-2019 TILL 11:59 P.M. AFTER WHICH THE LINK WILL BE DISABLED.
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (Authorized Agency) announces the holding of State Eligibility Test (SET) for determining the eligibility for Recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. The test will be conducted in 22 subjects as listed below at various examination centres located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu, and Chamba subject to number of candidates.
- The Candidates applying should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the State Eligibility Test (SET). Their admission at all the stages of the SET will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Card to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to documents only after the candidate has qualified for Test.
- ) The candidates must read the instructions carefully, which are available on the website of the Commission, i.e. http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in before filling up Online Recruitment Application Forms.
- Incomplete Online Applications submitted without requisite examination fee, scanned photograph & scanned signatures of the prescribed size, will be rejected straightway.
- FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES: In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact HPPSC’s Help Centre over Telephone Nos. 0177- 2629738, 2624313 and 1800-180-8004 (Toll-Free) on working days between 10.00 hrs to17.00 hrs.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) of H.P. /Scheduled Tribe (ST) of H.P. / Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P., Other Backward Classes (OBC) of H.P. (Non-creamy layer), as per the State list of Other Backward Classes will only be considered.
- The benefits of reservation shall be extended to the candidates who are Bonafide resident of Himachal Pradesh only.
- The reserved categories candidates of other states shall be treated as General Category candidates and they will be issued SET certificates only if they qualify the same at par with the cut off marks of General category candidates.
- After the declaration of SET result qualified candidates have to furnish Photostat copies of their testimonials viz. Matriculation/Post Graduation / Category to which they belong, in the office of H.P. Public Service Commission enabling to determine their eligibility for issuing SET qualified certificate.
LIST OF SUBJECTS FOR SET:
- Chemical Sciences 2. English 3. Life Sciences 4. Commerce 5. Economics 6. Geography 7. Hindi 8. History 9. Mathematical Sciences 10. Music 11. Physical Sciences 12. Physical Education 13. Sociology 14. Sanskrit 15. Political Science 16. Public Administration 17. Computer Science and Applications 18. Tourism Administration and Management 19. Mass Communication and Journalism 20. Philosophy 21. Psychology 22. Education.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC) of H.P. /Scheduled Tribe (ST) of H.P. /Other Backward Classes (Non- creamy layer of H.P./ Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P. category candidates of H.P. who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test only.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities/Colleges situated in the State, only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non- creamy layer /PWD (Persons with disability) category candidates of H.P.). Such candidates must complete their P.G. Degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year. (for instance the candidates having post graduation degree in Acharya (Traditional Sanskrit) are not eligible to appear in Sanskrit subject ).
- Concession of Fee is only for SC of H.P. /ST of H.P. /OBC of H.P. (Non-creamy layer) / PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD, S.T. PWD, OBC PWD) & BPL candidates of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) /PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD, S.T. PWD & OBC PWD) category must ensure that their certificate of respective category is on parental lineage issued by the competent authority. The candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of Application Form to Commission. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must ensure / satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any wrong information supplied on online applications or any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature shall be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action. vi Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/ certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiu.ac.in)
EXEMPTION/(ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(s)
- NET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award for Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st, June 2002, are exempted from appearing in SET, being eligible to appear for Assistant Professor(s) anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st, June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor(s) only in the Universities/Colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
SCHEME AND DATE OF TEST
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions in two separate sessions as under:
First Session-(Paper I) Marks-100
Duration: 1 Hour (10:30 AM to 11.30 AM)
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidates.
Second Session-(Paper II) Marks-200
Duration: 2 Hours (2.00PM to 4.00PM)
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier syllabus of Paper-II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided along with the test booklet.
“Criteria for Declaration of Result”
This will comprise of the following:
Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both the papers and secure at least 40% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to General Category and at least 35% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to reserved categories will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the State Government.
If there is a tie at the least qualifying cut-off marks in any given subject, then all candidates who are tied (i.e. have the same marks) will be considered as qualified and as such the number of qualified candidates may exceed 6%.
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by UGC / State agency are final and binding.
PROVISIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (INCLUDING VISUALLY CHALLENGED CANDIDATES) HAVING OR MORE DISABILITY 40%.
- Twenty minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper-I and forty minutes for Paper-II separately.
- The persons with minimum 40% Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services of scribe by making prior request (at least one week before the date of SET) in writing to the concerned Centre Superintendent. Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates.
- The candidate has the discretion of opting for his/her own scribe or has to request the concerned Centre Superintendent for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not. Those candidates who opt for their own scribe have to produce the scribe before the concerned Centre Superintendent along with his / her certificate of educational qualifications at least one day before the test.
- There is no provision of Test Booklets in Braille for visually impaired candidates.
Syllabus of Test:
All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier syllabus of Paper-II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options). Syllabi for all SET subjects are that of UGC which can be downloaded from H.P. Public Service Commission’s website http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in This agency will not supply the copies of syllabus to the individual candidates.
In case of any discrepancy found in the English and Hindi versions, the questions in English version shall be taken as final.
EXAMINATION FEE AND MODE OF PAYMENT:
- The benefits of reservation shall be extended to the candidates of residents of Himachal Pradesh only.
- The reserved categories candidates of other States shall be treated as General Category candidates and will have to pay full fee as is applicable to General category candidates.
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay requisite Examination Fees through “e-Payment” i.e. through Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking. Fee once paid shall not be refunded. Before applying online, all candidates are advised to go through detailed instructions given on the above-mentioned website.
Candidates should note that payment of fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to visit at http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in and click the link to APPLY ONLINE FOR STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website. The candidates already registered with HPPSC for other examinations/test need not to register again and they may use said User ID and Password for applying online.
- The candidate must read the conditions of eligibility as given at Item No. 2 carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the test before filling the online application Form.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card alongwith printout of online admission card on the day of examination.
- The Commission may change SET Examination Centre/ date of examination without assigning any reason.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The use of calculators or Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall/ Room.
- A candidate who does not appear in Paper-I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper-II.
- Physically/ Visually handicapped candidates who are not in position to write in their own handwriting can avail the services of scribers by making prior request to the Commission at least one week before the commencement of the written test.
- The candidate should ensure that his category code in answer sheet is the same as he/ she has claimed in the application form. No change in this regard will be accepted by the Commission at later stage.
- No candidate shall be allowed to go outside the examination hall /room for any purpose without prior permission of the Centre Superintendent. Smoking and taking Tea in examination hall /room is also strictly prohibited.
- Candidate will not be allowed to write any question from the Test Booklet on the Admission Card or on any other paper.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended and photographs pasted by them in all the places, viz., in their Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admission Card should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- The candidates in their own interest are requested to retain a photocopy of the Application Form for their record.
- Application Form must be completed in all respects as per the Notification.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room till the expiry of full allotted time.
- The candidates are being provided Carbonless OMR Answer Sheets to attempt the answers. They have to return the original OMR sheet (upper part of pink colour) of Paper I & Paper-II to the Invigilator(s) before leaving the examination hall/room. The candidates are allowed to take away the Test Booklets of Paper I & II alongwith duplicate (Carbonless copy of green colour) OMR Sheet on conclusion of the examination.
- The detailed instructions for the candidates will be uploaded on the official website of the Commission along with admission letters. It may be noted that instructions to candidates will not be sent by post.
- The decision of the Commission shall be final in all matters.
- No grievance with regard to answer key(s) will be entertained after the declaration of result.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- No change of examination centre will be allowed.
- The result of the SET will be made available on the website of the Commission as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be intimated individually about their result.
- SET qualified candidates shall become eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor (College Cadre) only in the University/Colleges belonging to Himachal Pradesh State.
- All legal disputes pertaining to this test shall fall within the jurisdiction of Shimla courts / Tribunals only.
- Re-checking / re-evaluation, of Answer Sheet for the Test/ examination(s) will not be allowed in any case.
After the deceleration of SET result, qualified candidates have to furnish Photostat copies of their testimonials viz. Matriculation/Post Graduation Degree and detail marks certificate/ Category to which they belong, along with the copy of Online Application Form in the office of H.P. Public Service Commission enabling to determine their eligibility for issuing the SET qualified certificate.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.