Ph.D. positions in Integrative Biological Signalling
The Centre for Integrative Biological Signalling Studies (CIBSS) is seeking highly motivated Ph.D. students who want to actively shape their own careers and advance the frontiers of knowledge in signalling research.
In strong collaboration with the prestigious Spemann Graduate School of Biology and Medicine (SGBM), CIBSS is offering a structured, international and interdisciplinary graduate programme. The CIBSS Track in SGBM is currently recruiting doctoral researchers in the following disciplines:
The CIBSS Track in SGBM is currently recruiting doctoral researchers in the following disciplines:
- Immunology and Immunodeficiency
- Metabolism Research
- Advanced Microscopy for the analysis and control of signalling
- Chromatin Biology and Epigenetics
- Mitochondrial Biochemistry and Structural Biology
- Biophysics and Mechanosignalling
- Mathematical Modelling and Bioinformatics
- an outstanding scientific environment in the CIBSS Excellence Cluster.
- excellent supervision and career preparation programme with proven success through the publication records and career trajectories of previous SGBM graduates.
- training in cutting-edge technologies and transferable skills.
- top-of-the-line infrastructure and core facilities at Freiburg’s Signalling Campus.
- a diverse and vibrant environment at the edge of the Black Forest and at the heart of Europe (less than an hour to France or Switzerland).
- a work contract with payment according to the German TV-L tarif system (E13).
CIBSS looking for:
- self-motivated and qualified students holding a Master degree in a relevant discipline. We also welcome applications from candidates who are currently completing their MSc.
- candidates with excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- interest and creativity to shape your own thesis project and select your thesis committee
- interest in participating actively in the curricular and social activities of the school
How to apply:
Please apply via the SGBM application portal that you can find at www.sgbm.uni-freiburg.de. Important: select the “CIBSS Track” radio button when you register.
Application Deadline: January 6, 2019
Interviews will be held in Freiburg in early March, and decisions will be communicated to the candidates shortly after. Selected applicants will be able to start in April/May 2019.