Training Programme in NGS data analysis
CCMB proposes a training course in analysis of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Data to generate human resources that are employment-ready for the requirements of industries and academia. The program targets students and employees from government labs/ Institutes, Industries, Hospitals, and Universities with a view to train them to be able to establish a set-up for NGS data analysis at their respective institutes.
Candidates currently not enrolled in a course or not associated with industry/academia are also encouraged to apply.
Duration: 3 weeks
No. of seats: 10-12 Nos
Education Qualifications: M.Sc., B.Tech., B.V.Sc., MBBS (minimum)
Age group: 21-45 years (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC as per GOI Rules)
Date of Commencement: 26th Feb – 16th March 2019
Venue of the Course: iHub; Annexe-II, CSIR-CCMB
Course Fee: Rs. 25,000/- (self/sponsored)
Residential/non-residential: Residential (accommodation provided)
Sponsorship: Established public/private sectors are welcome to sponsor candidates of their interest.
Gene regulation and NGS analysis (Primer/Theory)
- DNA/RNA structure in biological processes
- Chromatin structure and epigenetics
- Introduction to NGS: Principles of NGS technology, Applications of NGS
- Data mining: Data warehouses / Repositories for large biological datasets, Sharing and uploading large data, Accessing information from biological databases, Genome builds, Sequence storage and retrieval and file formats
Primer on Linux (Hands-on)
- Working with the command line: File and folder navigation (cd, mkdir, rm, ls, mv); Basic file handling (cat, more, wc); File manipulation (cut, awk, sed, grep, sort)
- Basic R commands will be covered in the NGS analysis pipelines
NGS analysis pipelines (Theory/Hands-on)
- RNA-seq analysis: Quality control of datasets, Filtering, adapter removal, Spliced alignment to transcriptome, Post alignment QC, Transcript quantification, Differential gene expression analysis
- ChIP-seq analysis: Quality control of datasets, Filtering, adapter removal, Alignment to reference genome, Peak calling, Evaluation of peak quality, Peak annotation, Motif identification
- DNA methylation (whole genome bisuphite-seq) analysis: Quality control, Genome preparation, Alignment, Methylation calling, Statistical analyses, Identification of Differentially methylated regions (DMRs), Annotation
- De novo genome assembly: Typical workflow for assembly, evolutionary perspective (theory)
- Reporting and recording results: Data QC, Presenting NGS analysis results, Controlling for errors, Data analysis issues and pitfalls
- Perspectives from the NGS industry/data analysts
Downstream analysis and biological context (Hands-on)
- Gene Ontology (R pipelines and online tools) and Pathway analysis
- Data visualization: Genome browsers (UCSC, IGV)
Wet lab protocols (Primer/Demos):
- Sequencing facility and sequencers
- Sample preparation workflow
Salient Features of the Training:
- 25% theory and 75% hands-on sessions as per the course curriculum.
- Tutorials (personal attention) along with course manual
- Lectures are assisted with multimedia aids
- Evaluation by assignments and exams
- A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates
Candidates interested in the above course(s) need to apply online through their Employer/ Director /Manager /CEO /Principal /DEAN /HOD (wherever applicable) in the prescribed format. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure selection. Only short-listed candidates will be informed via email; who would further need to send in their acceptance along with course fee (as Demand Draft in favor of Director, CCMB; payable at Hyderabad) addressed to Co-ordinator, Skill Development Program, CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007.
Candidates will not be provided TA/DA and accommodation would be provided.
For any queries, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.