TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH
Advertisement No. 2018/9
Candidates having Bachelors degree in Bioscience, this is a fantastic career opportunity to get a government job
Name of the Post: Scientific Assistant (B)
No. of Post(s): 01
Age Below: 28
Job Location: TIFR, Colaba, Mumbai (liable to be transferred to other Centres/Field Stations of the Institute, if required)
Pay Level and Pay Stage: Pay Level 6; Pay Stage 1
Monthly Emoluments: Rs.51006/-
- Bachelor’s degree in Bio-sciences with 60% marks.
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
Minimum 1 year/s experience with the maintenance of fly culture facility and genetic manipulation technology used in Drosophila is desirable.
The candidate would be required to maintain the Drosophila culture facility at the department. He/She is required to have good theoretical and a working knowledge of genetics and fly husbandry at the time of the interview.
He / She will be engaged in maintaining stocks, training first-year students and providing daily assistance to the users.
Bio-science with all first-class career record.
Applicants with over qualification will not be considered
Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued till superannuation age, which is sixty.
Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE.
Candidates applying for above posts and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, alongwith a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities etc.). [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
Incomplete applications and applications without a photocopy of the certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of a NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post. Such applicants are not required to apply online.
- On-Line applications must be submitted by January 5, 2019 and applications by post must reach Head, Establishment, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, 1, Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400005 by January 5, 2019.
- Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, advertisement No. & the serial number of the post on the envelope.
- The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
NOTE: The candidates are required to produce the following original documents with copies at the time of recruitment process :
- Printout of the online application form.
- Identity Proof (Adhar Card / Election Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License).
- Date of birth/Proof of age.
- Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates).
- Experience certificate/s.
- Conduct certificates from two respectable persons.
- SC/ST & OBC certificate (wherever applicable) in the Government of India format. OBC candidates should submit a valid copy of the Non-creamy Layer certificate issued by competent authority in the Govt. of India format. The OBC Non-Creamy Layer certificate in GOI format should be preferably for the current financial year on the date of closing of application or utmost not earlier than one year from the date of closing of application.
Outstation candidates called for recruitment process will be paid single Second Class (not air-conditioned) return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets.
The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications and experience will not entitle an applicant to be called for the recruitment process. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.