Research Scholars Program – II – 2018
The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology.
The current research themes include:
|Computational Biology||Molecular pathogenesis|
|Genetics and epigenetics||Cancer and stem cell biology|
|Molecular and cellular biology||Cell signaling|
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to Research Scholars program. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, persons from diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program of Manipal University or University of Hyderabad or Regional Centre of Biotechnology.
To be eligible all the candidates must have:
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture from a recognized University/ Institute OR MBBS. Candidates who have not completed their final year/ fourth-semester examination are not eligible for RSP-II-2018.
- Qualified CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / UGC – RGNF (or similar) or have qualified BINC examination conducted by the DBT with fellowship or JEST with fellowship. Candidates having qualified for the Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ [which is only for a period of two years] / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list are NOT eligible to apply.
- Candidates with LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
- Admission to CDFD–Research Scholars program is based on a 2-tier system involving a written / LAN based examination followed by the interview of candidates who have qualified the written / LAN based examination. Only those candidates will be allowed to appear for the CDFD RSP-II-2018 examination and interview who produce proof of having cleared the CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE NET/UGC-RGNF (or equivalent)/ or JEST for JRF or have qualified BINC examination conducted by the DBT with fellowship.
- Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions may register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM – II – 2018 by applying in the prescribed application form which is available online only. Complete the application form online at http://www.cdfd.org.in.
The candidates applying are requested to pay an application fee as detailed below:
|General Candidates||Rs 500|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs 250|
|SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates||Rs 125|
The additional Payment Gateway Transaction Charges @ 3.10% will be charged extra from the Candidate.
The Online facility of application will open on 15.11.2018 and will be closed on 17.12.2018.
The list of shortlisted candidates for the LAN examination will be displayed on our website by 24.12.2018. The Individual Admit Card / Hall Ticket with details of username, password, venue of the examination and time will be sent through e-mail. No individual intimation letter would be sent.
Eligible candidates will be called for Computer-based LAN examination on 21.01.2019. Those who qualify the LAN based examination will be interviewed on 22.01.2019. No TA/DA will be paid. Director, CDFD reserves the right to accept/reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
NOTE: CDFD’s Research Scholars Program is a fully residential program. The selected candidates will have to stay on campus.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.