Ph.D. Student Position Vacant
The BioPort group from Ghent University is currently looking for a talented PhD-student to be hired on a project running for 4-years, and eager to obtain a Ph.D. BioPort is a young and dynamic research group at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering of Ghent University and recently started a new and emerging research line on extracellular transport over biological membranes related to Industrial Biotechnology.
On January 1st, 2019 Ghent University will kick-off a new FWO-SNSF project named “Deciphering pathways of fatty acid efflux and their use to optimize microbial cell factories” in collaboration with Prof. Roger Schneiter from the University of Fribourg in Switzerland. The project will be running for four years and we are looking for a motivated PhD-student willing to join the team during the course of the project, with the final aim to obtain a Ph.D.
Profile of the candidate
Ghent University is looking for a candidate eager to obtain a Ph.D. and fascinated by research in an academic set-up.
Please see other requirements below:
- You have a master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering.
- You have obtained this degree with at least ‘distinction’ (cum laude).
- You have not previously received a PhD fellowship (not even in part) or worked as a PhD-student on a project.
- Experience with molecular biology and microbiology is essential
- Experience with industrial biotechnology or biochemistry is a plus
- Being fluent in English is essential, knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- You proved to have scientific maturity and independence
- You are creative, can think out of the box and have a pioneering spirit
- You are able to deal with failure
- You are a team player
- Eligibility and willingness to obtain a personal FWO PhD-scholarship is a plus
How to apply
If you are an eligible candidate, are enthusiastic about this subject and are interested in joining our BioPort team, please send your motivation letter and CV(including study results, thesis research topic, contact information of possible referee persons and a recent picture of yourself) to Prof. Dr. ir. Inge Van Bogaert (Inge.VanBogaert@ugent.be) before November 30th, 2018. Please use the reference Application_SNSF.
Note that applicants not fulfilling the selection requirements will not get a reply.
Last application date: Nov 30, 2018 23:59
Department: LA25 – Department of Biotechnology
Contract: Limited duration
Degree: Master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering and you have obtained this degree with at least ‘distinction’ (cum laude)
Occupancy rate: 100%
Vacancy Type: Research staff
Centre for Synthetic Biology
Department of Biotechnology
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Coupure links 653
+32 92 64 60 34
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.