Recruitment Examination for the post of Food Safety Officer (Food Inspector) under Health Department of The Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
The online application through Site www.mscwb.org is invited from the Citizens of India from till 16/11/2018 for recruitment to the post of Food Safety Officer (Food Inspector) under Health Department of The Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Name of the Post: Food Safety Officer (Food Inspector)
No. of Vacancies: 15 (Fifteen): UR – 08**, UR(PWD)-01, SC-03, OBC(A)-02, OBC(B)-01.
Scale of Pay/Salary: PB -3 (Rs. 7,100 to 37,600/-) Plus Grade pay Rs. 4,100/-
The Commission will prepare a panel along and a Reserve List of Successful Candidates and the Reserve List will contain 50% of reserve against the exact amount of Vacancies Category-wise.
Academic Qualifications for Direct Recruitment:
Academic and Experience:
- A degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Bio-Technology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Services or Bio-Chemistry or Micro-Biology or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or a Degree in Medicine from a Recognized University.
- Qualification required under F.S.S. Rules 2011 as will be amended from time to time, AND clarification provided by the Commissioner of Food Safety, West Bengal vide no. 124/HF/CFS/1A-11/2013DT. 09.2016)
a) As per Rule -2.1.3 (1) (iii) of Food Safety and Standards Rules, 2011 Training needs to be completed successfully before issuance of the appointment letter from the Commission of Food safety.
b) As per guideline of FSSAI, duration of training of Food Safety Officer is 40 (forty) days and Food Safety Officer newly notified by State can smoothly perform their duties and implement the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, and Rules and Regulation, thereunder, a course of 5 (five) days is proposed to be conducted by the Food Authority on interim basis.
- Has successfully completed training as specified by the Food Authority in a recognized Institution or Institution approved for the purpose.
B. Age not over 37 years as on 1st January 2018 (Upper age relaxation is admissible for only to S.C., S.T. candidates of West Bengal according to Rule).
Method of Recruitment & Syllabus: The method of recruiting and Syllabus will be notified later on in site www.mscwb.org.
- Application Fee: (Non-refundable)
- Application Fee for UR & OBC (A & B) candidates is Rs. 150/- (Rupees One hundred and fifty) plus processing charges Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty) plus Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) towards Bank Charges for Challan deposit.
- For SC & PWD candidates only processing charges of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty) plus Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) towards Bank Charges for Challan deposit.
- The application fees plus processing charges as stated in Para (1) above shall be collected by all the branches of the United Bank of India and the same to be deposited to Account No. 0088010367936 through Challan generated after submission of Online Application at website www.mscwb.org.
- Besides above, a candidate may opt. For online payment of aforesaid fees and charges through lndiaideas.com Limited (Bill Desk).
- Miscellaneous: A candidate presently in service under Central or the State Government, Semi Government, local/ Statutory Body shall have to make sure that No-Objection Certificate (N.O.C.) by his /her current Employer reaches the Office of the Municipal Service Commission within 7 (Seven) days prior to the date of Personality Test I Interview. Otherwise, he/ she will be considered not eligible for the Personality Test/ Interview.
Last Date: Last date for Registration for online application and generation of challan is 16/11/2018 and application fee along with processing charges must be deposited to the Bank by 19/11/2018 and also the process of submission of Application must be completed by 20/11/2018.
NOTE: The Municipal Service Commission reserves the right to rectify errors and omissions, if any, in the procedure for holding the Exam and final announcement of result.