NCCS PhD Admission- March-2019
NCCS, Pune, invites application from eligible candidates for admissions to PhD programme of the March-2019 session. The candidates should be a bonafide Indian citizen, having a consistently good academic record with a strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a PhD degree and with eligibility mentioned below should apply for the same.
Students with only postgraduate degree and having a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/BINC are eligible to apply. Students with a postgraduate degree who do not have a fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR held on 10th December 2017 are also eligible to apply. Shortlisted candidates from the JGEEBILS results based on NCCS criteria will be only called for interview.
A limited number of fellowships will be provided by NCCS to the selected students, who do not have a fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/BINC but have qualified JGEEBILS and are selected by NCCS. These fellowships will follow CSIR guidelines. Submission of application to NCCS-PhD programme does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for the interview to be held at NCCS during 29th and 30th January 2019. Detailed eligibility conditions are given here under.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NCCS PhD PROGRAMME:-
- Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology and having at least 50% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/BINC, etc.
- Students with a post-graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 10th December 2017 will be eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for the interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS December 2017 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
- All the eligible complete applications received within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as per the schedule given below.
- Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the “Project List of ICMR” are not eligible.
- Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PH and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- Fellowship will be activated as per the respective funding agencies guidelines on Direct Benefit Transfer basis. NCCS will not be responsible for providing fellowship.
- Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines.
MODE OF APPLICATION:-
Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed application in the prescribed format (download from NCCS web site). The completed hard copy application form along with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007 on or before 30th November 2018. SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach true copy of Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of Interview. An application fee of Rs. 100/- only (Rs. One hundred only) should be mailed along with the application form in the form of a Demand Draft payable to DIRECTOR, NCCS at PUNE. There is no application fee for SC/ST students.
A personal interview will be held at NCCS, Pune of all shortlisted candidates as per the selection criteria set by NCCS. Details of the interview process/schedule will be published on the NCCS website along with the list of shortlisted candidates on 2nd January 2019.
Second class train fare by the shortest route will be paid to only SC/ST Candidates as per rules. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune. Selected candidates will need to stay for two days more for interaction and finalization of the guide.
Candidates should bring all originals along with attested copy of following documents at the time of Interview.
- Birth certificate/ proof of Date of birth.
- SC/ST/Physical Handicapped category certificate from competent authorities.
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of (M.Sc.)
- Fellowship Certificate/ JGEEBILS qualifying data
- For OBC category, valid Non-creamy layer certificate.
In case of any queries, candidates should e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone enquiries will not be entertained.