Job Details For Scientist-I (Honey Testing Laboratory)
Job Name: Scientist-I (Honey Testing Laboratory)
Job Category: Centre for Analysis and Learning in Livestock and Food (CALF)
Designation: Scientist-I Profile
Coordinate in setting up of Honey testing facility for authenticity, chemical and residues analysis, testing & reporting of results and obtaining accreditation for the facility.
Key roles and Responsibility
- Assistance in arranging the laboratory infrastructure, designing of laboratory and monitoring of the progress.
- Preparation of specification of required equipment, indenting and coordinate purchase activities.
- Installation of equipment as per specification, training of required personnel.
- Standardization and validation of methodologies of various tests in wet chemicals analysis, authenticity and pollen analysis as per timelines. Coordinate for the transfer of pesticides & antibiotic residue testing.
- Perform and supervision of analytical work of Trainee Scientist/Technician/ Trainee in honey testing as per FSSAI, Residue Monitoring Plan of EIC and special tests of authenticity by using EA-IRMS & LC-IRMS.
- Operation, method development, interpretation and system suitability/ calibration checks of EA-IRMS & LC-IRMS, LCMS-MS, GCMS-MS, HPLC, and maintenance of relevant records & log books.
- Experience in facing NABL, EIC, APEDA or BIS laboratory recognition scheme and other regulatory assessments.
- Proper handling and maintenance of sophisticated equipment.
- Usage & proper storage of CRM/SRM.
- Ensure good housekeeping and maintain required environmental conditions as per test method.
- Method development followed by required method validation and verification as per National and International regulations.
- Sound knowledge on chemical contaminants in Food and Agricultural products and latest laboratory techniques for the same.
- Estimate Measurement of Uncertainty of respective test parameters.
- Ensure calculations & data transfer in a systematic manner.
- Prepare internal test reports and maintain technical records including vetting of analytical data.
- Proper sample handling and maintaining its integrity during and after analysis.
- Ensure compliance with laboratory safety requirements.
- Prepare required Standard Operating Procedures & Work Instructions.
- Indenting of chemicals, glassware and supporting equipment.
- Assist in budgeting, costing and inventory control.
- Train junior analysts and handle their carrier development programme with Section Head.
- Any other relevant work assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification & Experience
The incumbent should be MSc/M Tech (Any branch of Chemistry/ Food Science / Biotechnology) with minimum 3 years of experience in authenticity, chemical analysis and contaminant analysis of honey or other agricultural commodities.
Ph.D. in any of the above disciplines with minimum 2 years of experience in Honey testing.
The candidate with work on EA-IRMS and LC-IRMS in doctorate program with 2 publications in the journal of repute (from Ph.D. work), may be preferred. Candidates with prior work experience in honey would be preferred.
Other Essential attributes and skills
Skills/ Attributes: Technical
- Expertise in Authenticity of Honey by using EA-IRMS & LC-IRMS
- Wet Chemical Testing of Honey.
- Desirable to have exposure on Residue Analysis antibiotics, pesticides by using LCMS-MS & GCMS-MS, HPLC, GC etc.
- Method development & validation.
- Awareness of ISO17025:2017
Skills/ Attributes: Managerial
- Creative thinking and innovative and desire to keep oneself updated on the latest development
- Result oriented.
- Thinking strategically.
- Building relationship and teamwork.
- Influencing and persuading.
- Resolving conflicts and other problems.
- Being adaptable.
- Good communication & presentation skills
The last date of receiving applications is 24 October 2018.
(Candidates above 30 years of age as on 01 December 2018 need not apply)
The position is on a fixed term employment for a period of 5 years which is renewable.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.