Trainee (M Tech/ MSc. in Genetics/ Biostatistics/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology)
Trainee Job Details
Job Name: Trainee (M Tech/ MSc. in Genetics/ Biostatistics/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology)
Description: NDDB offers an excellent learning environment with considerable freedom for creative and innovative activities. Looking for young and energetic trainees for our Animal Breeding Group.
Job Category: Animal Breeding
Profile Summary: Analysis of data of buffalo de-novo genome assembly project
Age limit for the traineeships position is 27 Years (as on 01 November 2018)
Key roles and Responsibility
- Handling and Quality control of genome sequence and SNP array data.
- Data mining and retrieval of information from various open source resources.
- Sequence alignment, SNP mining, imputations, parentage analysis, writing codes for data handling and other related analysis using different software.
Qualification & Experience
The incumbent should be M Tech/ MSc. in Genetics/ Biostatistics/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology and have at least 2-year experience of research preferably in whole genome sequencing and genome assembly which should be evident by research published in peer-reviewed journals.
Preference would be given to candidates who is involved in the submission of eukaryotic genome assembly to public resources/candidate with experience of research in whole genome sequencing and genome assembly.
Other Essential attributes and skills
Skills/ Attributes: Technical
- Knowledge of genome sequencing and genome assembly.
- Exposure of working on large genome database
- Knowledge of working on Linux system.
- Knowledge in computer languages like PERL, Python, Sql, R studio
- Experience in large genome database management
The last date of receiving applications is 17 October 2018.
The interested candidates may apply online by clicking here
May forward the hard copy of Resume, mentioning the profile applied for, to:
The HRD Group
National Dairy Development Board
Near Jagnath Mahadev Temple,