Dissertation Training Programme 2019 @ CSIR-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM)
Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM) is a National Institute of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) of India, with a primary focus of research on drug discovery from natural products (medicinal plants and microbial species).
The Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at IIIM, Jammu is a state-of-the-art national facility for manufacturing, herbal drugs, phytopharmaceuticals & traditional medicine under GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) conditions. The research at TBI focuses on microbial biodiversity leading to the production of novel bioactive compounds for human health and biofertilizers, biocides and gluconates for enhanced agricultural yield.
The NABL accredited laboratory conducts quality control and quality assurance of agricultural produce, nutraceuticals, medicinal and aromatic plants and herbal formulations. IIIM-TBI also has a well-equipped GLP in-vivo laboratory (animal facility) to conduct preclinical studies for herbal drugs.
Applications are invited for 4-6 month (December 2018/ January 2019 onwards) Dissertation Training programme from Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges of repute to carry out their projects in TBIIIIM Jammu.
- Applicants completed/ pursuing M.Sc/ M.Pharm/ M.Tech/ B.Pharm/ B.Tech in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences / Chemical Sciences / Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Applicants must have passed all examinations starting from secondary school examination in first division or equivalent grade (at least 55% of marks)
Area of Specialisation Offered
- cGMP Herbal Drug Formulation
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Fermentation Technology
- Herbal Drug Pilot Plant
- Quality Control/ Quality Assurance
- Natural Product Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry
- GLP Animal Facility
- Plant Biotechnology
- Kilo lab facility for complex chemistry
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants shall be selected and finalized for the Dissertation Training programme based on the merit of their application.
- Applicants will not be entitled to any remuneration, stipend or fellowship/ assistance in any form during the training period.
- Training fee is Rs. 5,000/- per month to be paid by the short-listed applicant as per the duration of the programme. The fee shall be on a non-refundable basis.
- Training fee of the first month has to be paid in advance by the short-listed applicant through the online transfer for confirmation of enrollment in the Dissertation Training programme.
The bank details are:
Bank name: State Bank of India
Bank Account No.: 36694379433
Nature of Account: Savings account
Branch Address: Main Branch, Hari Market, Jammu
IFSC code: SBIN0000657
- Hostel facility within IIIM campus may be provided on separate payment basis with prior request and based on availability.
- IIIM campus has a library, dispensary, hostels, sports club, playground, gymnasium etc. IIIM have a canteen facility in the campus where one can have meals as available on nominal payment basis. Canteen will be closed on Saturday evening, Sunday and government holidays. Tiffin system facility is available.
- Applicants shall abide by the conduct & rules applicable to the scholars/ employees of IIIM-TBI.
- Applicants shall be provided a training certificate from the IIIM- Technology Business Incubator only after completion of the training.
- At the end of the training, applicants shall be required to present a proper report and submit it to IIIM-TBI.
- For completion of registration, applicants are required to send a scanned copy of the following along with their registration form:
a) Letter of approval duly signed by the head of Department of university/college (if applicable)
b) Mark sheets of previously completed semesters/degree.
- Finalized applicants need to submit the following documents at the time of joining the IIIM-TBI facility:
a) Copy of Aadhar card
b) Two photographs (passport size).