Recruitment Examination for the post of Food Safety Officer (Food Inspector) under Health Department of The Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
On-line application through website www.mscwb.org is invited from the citizen of India on and from 17/09/2018 to 31/09/2018 for recruitment to the post of Food Safety Officer (Food Inspector) under Health Department of The Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
The Candidates who have applied against Advertisement No. -12 of 2018 dated 10.03.2018 for the Post of Food Safety Officer (Food Inspector), need not apply again.
Name of the Post: Food Safety Officer (Food Inspector)
No. of Vacancy: 15 (Fifteen): UR – 08**, U.R.(PWD)-01, S.C.-03, OBC(A)-02, OBC(B)-01.
The Commission will prepare a panel and a Reserve List of Successful Candidates and the Reserve List will contain 50% of reserve against the exact amount of Vacancies Category-wise.
Pay Scale: PB 3(Rs. 7,100 to 37,600/-) Plus Grade pay Rs. 4,100/-
- A degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Bio-Technology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Services or Bio-Chemistry or Micro-Biology or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or a Degree in Medicine from a Recognized University.
- Qualification required under F.S.S. Rules 2011 as will be amended from time to time, AND clarification provided by the Commissioner of Food Safety, West Bengal vide no. 124/HF/CFS/1A-11/2013DT. 09.2016):-
As per Rule -2.1.3 ( 1) (iii) of Food Safety and Standards Rules, 2011 Training has to be completed successfully before issuance of the appointment letter from the Commission of Food safety.
- As per guideline of FSSAI, duration of training of Food Safety Officer is 40 (forty) days and Food Safety Officer newly notified by State can smoothly perform their duties and implement the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, and Rules and Regulation, thereunder, a course of 5 (five) days is proposed to be conducted by the Food Authority on interim basis.
iii) Has successfully completed training as specified by the Food Authority at a recognized Institution or Institution approved for the purpose.
- Age not more than 37 years as on 1 st January 2018 ( Upper age relaxation is admissible for only to S.C., O.B.C (A&B) and PWD candidates as per Govt. Rule).
Method of Recruitment & Syllabus:
The method of recruitment and Syllabus will be notified later on website www.mscwb.org.
- Application Fee: (Non-refundable)
- Application Fee For UR & OBC (A & B) candidates is Rs. 150/- (Rupees One hundred and fifty) plus processing charges Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty) plus Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) towards Bank Charges for Challan deposit.
- For SC & PWD candidates only processing charges of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty) plus Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty)towards Bank Charges for Challan deposit.
III. The application fees plus processing charges as stated in Para (1 ) above shall be collected by all the branches of the United Bank of India and the same to be deposited to Account No. 0088010367936 through Challan generated after submission of Online Application at website www.mscwb.org.
- Apart from above, a candidate may opt. For online payment of aforesaid fees and charges through lndiaideas.com Limited (Bill Desk).
- Miscellaneous: A candidate presently in service under Central or the State Government, Semi Government, local/ Statutory Body shall have to make sure that No-Objection Certificate (N.O.C.) by his /her current Employer reaches the Office of the Municipal Service Commission within 7 (Seven) days prior to the date of Personality Test I Interview. Otherwise, he/ she is going to be considered not eligible for the Personality Test/ Interview.
- Last Date: Last date for Registration for online application and generation of challan is 31/10/2018 and application fee together with processing charges must be deposited to the Bank by 01/11/2018 and also the process of submission of Application must be completed by 02/11/2018.
NOTE: The Municipal Service Commission reserves the right to rectify errors and omissions, if any, in the procedure for holding the Exam and final announcement of result.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.