Admissions to Ph.D. Program January 2019
Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program at IISER Mohali in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences, for the session beginning in January 2019. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
Detailed criteria set by individual departments for Ph.D. admissions:
Department of Biological Sciences:
The applicant should have M. Sc./ B. Tech/ MBBS/ M. Tech or equivalent degree and should have a valid GATE(Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Ecology and Evolution) / CSIR-UGC-NET/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Application procedure: Prospective candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the website at http://www.iisermohali.ac.in Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.
Last date: The online application facility will be open till 12.00 noon, October 22, 2018. For further details about the program and research areas, please visit our website:
Instructions to be Followed for Online Application
- Select Ph.D. Admissions – January 2019 and enter a valid E-mail address to register. This email id will be used for correspondence.
- Once you register, the login information with the password will be sent to your e-mail. Provide the same login (email id and password) on the login page. A prompt for password would appear when you enter your email id and click submit.
- All fields marked by (*) are mandatory. Filling all mandatory fields are required to make your application complete.
- All the applicants MUST read FAQ – PHD Jan 2019 before filling up the application. This is because, the FAQ section has important instructions about the year of graduation, percentile etc
- Click Help at the top left in each page of the application to view the instructions for filling the application. Move your mouse over the green icon beside each field for help if required.
- Click “Save” to save your entries at each page of the application.
- Once you finish entering all the details and clicked the “Save” button, a preview of all pages is shown for you to cross-check your entries with a “Submit” button.
- The form will only be submitted after clicking on “Submit”. Note that you cannot make any changes after that. Once the application is submitted, no correspondence regarding correction/addition to the application form will be entertained.
- After you submit the form, “Download Report PDF” link is provided for you to download your application and take a print copy.
- The print copy should be duly signed by the applicant with the date. You need to affix a passport size photograph in the space provided and submit this print copy at the time of Interview.
- Fully Completed, Submitted Online application are strongly required to consider your application.
- The start date for receiving online Ph.D. applications is 14th September 2018 and end date is 22nd October 2018 at 12:00 noon.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
- You can view the status of the application by providing the login information anytime.
1. Status: form Incomplete – Login and check whether you have filled in all mandatory fields and submit your application.
2. Status: form Complete – Your form is submitted for Committee review.
- You will be intimated via email or post if you are shortlisted for Interview.
Note: If you have any query, email to firstname.lastname@example.org