Vacancy for the position of JRF/Project Assistant
|Name of the post:||Junior Research Fellow/Project Assistant|
|No. of the post(s):||01|
|Tenure of the post:||Three years|
Project area: Deciphering the role of microbes in agarwood deposition and functional characterization of important key enzymes
Funding agency: DBT
Minimum educational (Qualifications/experience): M.Sc. in Life sciences or equivalent degree with minimum 60%
- Valid CSIR-NET, GATE or equivalent scorecard.
- Research experience in molecular biology, enzymology, phytochemistry and/or bioanalytical techniques.
Rs. 25,000 + 30% HRA for NET/GATE/equivalent candidates
Rs. 16,000 + 30% HRA for other candidates
Not more than 28 years as on the closing date of Advertisement
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send following documents by email addressed to Dr. Ram Kulkarni (email@example.com).
- The application in the prescribed format available at https://ssbs.edu.in/
- Scanned copies of all the relevant certificates and mark sheets
Please mention “Application for the position of JRF” in the subject line of the email.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited by e-mail for the selection process with the information on date, time and venue.
Shortlisted candidates should carry the print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and original relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. at the time of selection process. Photocopies of documents are not required during the interview and will only be collected later from the selected candidates.
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in SIU, Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project and SIU, Pune.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of these does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be provided for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.