Training Programme for Basic of Stem Cells
CCMB proposes a training course in Basics of Stem Cells is designed for beginners as well as experienced researchers/ technicians who want to expand their knowledge and understanding on Stem Cells. Researchers, practitioners, technicians, and others who are currently into stem cell research or plan to initiate in the future are encouraged to apply.
|No. of seats:||10-12 No.s|
|Education Qualifications:||M.Sc., B.Tech., B.V.Sc., MBBS (minimum)|
|Age group:||21-45 years (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC as per GOI|
|Date of Commencement:||27th November 2018|
|Venue of the Course:||iHub; Annexe-II, CSIR-CCMB|
|Course Fee:||Rs. 25,000/- (self/sponsored)|
|Residential/non-residential:||Residential (accommodation provided)|
|Sponsorship:||Established public/private sectors are welcomed to sponsor candidates of their interest.|
Established public/private sectors are welcomed to sponsor candidates of their interest.
- The culture of embryonic stem cells – Preparation of Feeder layer, Cell culture and splitting of ES cultures, Embryoid body formation, Manipulation of ES cells/iPSC (only demo), Imaging etc
- Derivation and culture of Adult pluripotent stem cells – Bone marrow and Placental-derived stem cells, Culture and characterization of stem cells (CFU, FACS and MACS), Differentiation protocols and characterization, Manipulation of APSC
- Tissue-specific progenitors – Derivation of progenitor cells (Epithelial explants, HSC etc), Characterization of progenitor cells.
- Discussion and trouble-shooting Salient Features of the Training:
Salient Features of the Training:
- 30% theory and 70% practical sessions are per the course curriculum.
- Hand-out information on teaching modules •
- Tutorials (personal attention)
- Lectures are assisted with multimedia aids
- Case studies
- Group discussions
- Central facility visits within the laboratory
- Assessments –theory & practicals
- A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates
Candidates interested in the above course(s) need to apply online through their Employer/Director/Manager/CEO/Principal/DEAN/HOD (wherever applicable) in the prescribed format. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure selection. Only short-listed candidates will be informed via email; who would further need to send in their acceptance along with course fee (as Demand Draft in favor of Director, CCMB; payable at Hyderabad) addressed to Co-ordinator, Skill Development Program, CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007. Candidates will not be provided TA/DA and accommodation would be provided. For any queries, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.