APPLICATION FOR JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW IN DBT FUNDED PROJECT FOR 3-YEARS
Project Title: “Potent and Selective PDE4B inhibitors for the Potential Treatment for Arthritis”
Funding Agency: DBT (Junior Research Fellow: temporary position coterminous with the project)
Junior Research Fellow:
- Qualified and interested candidates may send their Curriculum Vitae by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 12th September 2018 with “DBT-PDE4 Project” as the subject line of the email.
- There will be two rounds of interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be first interviewed through skype/telecon followed by a personal interview at Dr.Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Emoluments And Duration: Rs. 25,000 plus 30% HRA (total Rs. 32,500) per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000 plus 30% HRA (total Rs. 36,400) per month for the 3rd year.
Project duration: The duration of the fellowship is three years. However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
- Literature search.
- Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
- Provide scientific support to the scientist in research activities.
- Book-keeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
A) Academic Qualifications: 1) Post-graduate degree in Biotechnology or any other related branch of Basic Sciences from a recognized university/institute with CSIR NET qualification. OR Graduate degree in a Professional course from a recognized university/institute with CSIR NET qualification OR a Post-graduate degree in a Professional course such as MTech, MPharm, MVSc. etc 2) Candidate should demonstrate a consistent academic record of minimum 60% aggregate in all qualifying examinations. 3) The candidate should be motivated and committed.
B) Experience: 1-2 years in the areas of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology.
Innumerous cell functions are regulated by alteration of cAMP levels and the cleavage of cAMP is catalyzed by a phosphodiesterase, PDE4. Selective PDE4 inhibitors are being developed as potential drugs for the treatment of diseases like psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, multiple sclerosis etc in addition to asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). However, they are associated with undesired side effects such as emesis. Possible causes for these side effects are (a) non-selective inhibition of four PDE4 subtypes and (b) inhibitors crossing the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and inhibiting brain PDE4. Thus, the goal of this study is to identify and optimize potent PDE4B selective inhibitors.