Multiple positions at the BioIT Centre
Applications are invited for the position of Project Assistant/postdoctoral research associates in the Bio-IT centre at IBAB, Electronic city, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will mainly work in the analysis of data generated from next-generation sequencing (NGS) experiments.
In addition, the candidate is expected to assist in various educational outreach activities carried out by the BioIT centre. The candidate is expected to have a working knowledge of NGS data analysis and a strong knowledge of programming either in R/python/C/ C++/JAVA.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- Master‘s degree in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics or a Master‘s degree in an engineering discipline like Computer Science or a Ph.D. in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Computer Science or related life sciences
- Strong aptitude for data analysis and should be detail-oriented.
- Hands-on experience in various NGS pipelines.
- Prior experience in working in a research laboratory or industry.
- Ability to carry out work independently and willingness to learn new methods.
Remuneration will commensurate with expertise and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send their detailed CV and a cover letter that clearly supports their suitability for this position, to email@example.com.
The last date for submission of application is 15th September 2018.
The Bio-IT center at IBAB has state-of-the-art NGS facility with the high throughput sequencer, HiSeq 2500, which can generate 600GB data in 9 days. The facility is now fully operational and providing services to the scientific community. The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. To know more please visit: http://www.ibab.ac.in/index.php/bioit/
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.