Organizing Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Online applications are invited for GATE 2019 examination. Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2019 score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results. Examination for all the papers will be Computer Based Tests.
GATE 2019 examinations will be conducted in select cities and towns in India as well as in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore.
Important Dates for Application Submission:
Opening Date: 1st September 2018
Closing Date: 21st September 2018
Extended Closing Date: 1 st October 2018
Dates of Examination: 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February 2019
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2019:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of the Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Documents/ Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form (Indian Candidates)
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents name, parents mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly same as that in the qualifying degree certificate (or) the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2019 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before the name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 2KB and 200KB)
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 2KB and 150KB)
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute (format specified in Appendix A of the Information Brochure) (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
*Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License
For examination centres in India, the application fee is ₹ 750 for female candidates, ₹ 750 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and ₹ 1500 for all other candidates. Additional fee during the extended period is INR 500.
For examination centres in Dubai and Singapore, the application fee is US$ 100, for Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu, the application fee is US$50. Additional fee during the extended period is US$ 20. The application fee has to be paid ONLINE. The application fee once paid shall not be refunded.
All Candidates must apply online.
For the application, visit the following URL: http://gate.iitm.ac.in Further details can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites.