National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition
The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition (NBEC) 2018 is inviting path-breaking revolutionary and scalable business ideas in the life sciences domain spanning:
- Healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT
- Agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, and plant-based therapeutics
- Animal health
- Industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management.
Applications open: August 16, 2018
Applications close: September 16, 2018
- Total investment opportunity up to USD $200,000 for the winners
- Cash prizes totaling INR 38 lakh in various categories
- Winners eligible for AWS Activate programme worth USD $25,000 Activate Credits
- Mentorship by industry experts and investors
- Visibility and recognition to catapult winners on the national platform
Round 1: NBEC campaign will reach out to aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups, and established companies across India. A ‘Call for Applications’ will be announced through various media. Applicants will have to apply online in the prescribed format. A panel of experts from industry academia and investor community will review the proposals and shortlist the top 100 – 150 business ideas.
Round 2: The shortlisted applicants will be invited to make a presentation to a Jury. These presentations will be held in 4 or 5 cities across the country. The jury will select the top 20 – 40 business ideas in this round.
Round 3: The selected applicants will attend a residential entrepreneurship development boot camp and intense mentoring sessions over 2 days at C-CAMP, Bengaluru. At the end of the boot camp, the finalists will make their business plan presentation before a Grand Jury, which will select the winners of NBEC.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, biotech companies, and start-ups
- Applicant should be a citizen of India
- If the applicant is a company, the company should be registered in India and majority ownership should be Indian
- The idea should have a deep science-based biotech element/component
- Biotech includes: healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT; agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, plant-based therapeutics; animal health; industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management
Round 1: A review panel comprising experts from academia, industry, and investor community will review the applications. The applications will be evaluated for scientific and technical strength, societal impact, and business potential.
Round 2: Applicants that are selected for this round will make a pitch to a Jury. The evaluation criteria will be the novelty of the idea, value proposition, business model, implementation plan, team strength, and quality of the presentation.
Round 3: Applicants selected for this round will attend a 2-day residential boot camp and intense mentoring sessions. At the end of the boot camp, the participants will pitch to a Grand Jury and will be evaluated for path-breaking novelty quotient, business potential, and societal impact.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.