SERIBIOTECH RESEARCH LABORATORY
CENTRAL SILK BOARD, MINISTRY OF TEXTILES,
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
POSITIONS FOR TWO JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWS (JRFs) AND ONE PROJECT ASSISTANT
Applications are invited by the undersigned from the eligible candidates to attend a walk-in-interview for TWO posts of Junior Research Fellows (JRF) and ONE post of Project Assistant (PA) to be recruited in the following research projects.
Department of Biotechnology funded project (1 year 6 months upto February 2020)
- Validation of the DNA markers in silkworm breed developed by introgression of DNA markers associated with NPV resistance using marker-assisted selection breeding and large-scale field trial of the breed-1(JRF).
- Development of a diagnostic tool for early detection of baculovirus causing tiger band disease in Antheraea proyeli- 1(Project assistant)
2. Central Silk Board funded project (1 year till August 2019)
- Identification of molecular markers associated with filament characters and its use in the improvement of multivoltine breeds.- 1(JRF)
Essential Qualifications for JRF:
M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/ Genetics/ Molecular Genetics/ Microbiology with minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates).
28 years as on 01/08/2018 (relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and women candidates).
Preference will be given to CSIR-UGC NET-JRF qualified candidates. B.Sc Degree or Honors in Biological Sciences/Zoology/Life Sciences with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates)
Fresh M.Sc. passed candidates are encouraged to apply.
Essential qualification for project assistant:
B.Sc in biological sciences (preference will be given to candidates with molecular biology background) with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates)
- JRF – NET passed candidates will be paid Rs 25000/- + HRA as per DBT rules (for DBT project only)
- JRF (non-NET candidates) for all projects: Rs.12000/- +HRA
- Project Assistant: Rs 10,000/- consolidated
Eligible candidates may appear for the interview at the time and venue given below. At the time of interview, candidate has to submit hard copy of brief note on the project work carried out during M.Sc. program if any, a passport size photograph, One photocopy each of certificates and marks heets for educational qualifications from SSLC, PUC/ HSC, BSc and MSc, date of birth, NOC from present employer if any, research experience certificate, papers published in journals ONLY and caste certificate for SC/ST candidates, along with valid e-mail Id and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Eligible candidates with provisional / Degree certificate and mark sheets of all semesters including the final semester of M.Sc. or consolidated mark sheets for all semesters only will be eligible to attend the interview.
- Originals of all the supportive documents mentioned above should be presented for verification at the time of interview
- Walk-in-Interview at 9.30 AM on 14 August 2018:
- Eligible candidates may appear for the interview at the following venue Seribiotech Research Laboratory, Carmelaram post, Kodathi Bangalore-560035 (Landmark: Near Harvest International School approximately 2.5 KM from Kodathi gate bus stop on Sarjapur Road)
- Applications will NOT be accepted by post/ e-mail/ courier.
- No TA/DA will be provided to attend the interview.
- The above-mentioned positions are purely temporary, on the contractual basis and are co-terminus with the project. Further claim for any post will not be entertained thereafter.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- The decision of the Director shall be final and binding in all respects.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.