Indo-U.S. Genome Engineering/Editing Technology Initiative (GETin) Overseas Fellowship Program Guidelines
Acknowledging importance of strategies & techniques in genome modification, as modern day essential tools for research & development, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India along with the Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) announces fellowship program between Indian institutes and premier U.S. Universities, in significant areas of Genome Engineering/Editing Technology (GETin).
The program is open to individuals whose research work has an interface with Genome Engineering/Editing Technology studies
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading US institutions;
- Promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Genome Engineering/Editing Technology;
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path;
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Genome Engineering/Editing Technology (GETin) Overseas Fellowship
Who is eligible to apply:
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology holding a regular position in public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution/recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
- Applicants must provide proof of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open only to applicants working in a field having an interface with Genome Engineering/Editing Technology
- Age: Up to 45 years as on 31st December 2018
Duration and number of awards:
- The program is open to individuals whose research work has an interface with Genome EngineerDuration of fellowship will include work at U.S. Universities for a period of 5 weeks to 12 months.
- Up to 5 Post-Doctoral Fellows will be awarded every year.
Nature of support:
- Monthly stipend of $ 3,000 per month
- Return airfare
- Health insurance of up to $ 1,000
- Contingency of up to $1,000
- Conference Allowance of up to $1,200
(Conversion from US$ to INR will be as per the prevailing foreign exchange rate)
Where will awardees work:
- The candidate should himself/herself correspond with their proposed host institute in the U.S for placement/visit.
- Candidate is required to produce evidence, in the form of a Letter of Acceptance/Certificate on the letterhead of the U.S. host institute, duly signed/stamped by the host.
- The letter should also include the merits/uniqueness of that host institute in the proposed area of research.
- There should be a willingness on the part of the American Institute to accept and extend necessary support to the candidate for the work proposed.
How to apply:
Application should be submitted using our Online Application Portal by 30th September 2018, weblink provided on IUSSTF website www.iusstf.org, along with the following documents:
- Acceptance Letter/ Certificate from host institute in the United States, as per the format indicated*
- Two recommendation letters from Referees
- No-Objection Certificate/ Statement from the Current Employer, as per the format indicated**
- Scan copy of Ph.D. degree
- CV of the U.S. Host (not more than 3 pages)
- CV of the applicant with current photo (not more than 3 pages)
- Proof of DoB (Scan copy of the supporting document, e.g. Birth certificate/ 10th Class certificate/passport)