DuPont is currently seeking a ‘Research Scientist Bioinformatics’ in Global Data Science and Informatics group at Corteva Corporate Office, Madhapur, Hyderabad, INDIA. The hiring level will be commensurate with the level of experience.
Job Title: Research Scientist Bioinformatics
Duties / Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Functional Genomics, Computer Science. 3-5 years of postdoctoral experience is required.
- Experience in scientific programming including but not limited to Python, R.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of bioinformatics software and large-scale computational biology pipelines.
- Extensive experience with sequence-structure-function analysis along with sequence analysis methods including sequence search methods, phylogenomics analysis, evolutionary analysis methods and tools.
- Experience in NGS technologies and different areas of genome sequence analysis including genome assembly, alignment, variant calling, gene structure and gene function annotation methods and tools.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) are a must.
- Demonstrated prior people management experience including coaching, mentoring the personal and professional development of direct reports.
- Experience in performance evaluation and participation in people leadership training courses is a plus.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.