DuPont is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Grain Processing Application Development Team located in Hyderabad, India.
Application Development Scientist: Grain Processing
- Conduct applications development work in the conversion of starchy materials to sugars and ethanol
- Develop model systems for the evaluation of the performance of our products on real-world substrates (grain processing) and across scales
- Provide customer and product support in the form of on-site and off-site troubleshooting
- As a principle investigator, consistently generate ideas, implement them and produce results which are of importance to the company
- Work with global setting to advance project goals
- Interact with cross-functional teams including R&D, marketing, sales, legal
- Ph.D. or M.S or M. Tech in Biochemical Engineering, Fermentation, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related Life sciences field.
- 4-6 years of practical lab experience in an academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology setting
- Demonstrated experience on application techniques in the starch conversion process and must have a sound knowledge of enzymology, starch chemistry and fermentation.
- Interpersonal skills and excellent leadership
- Must be willing to take a hands-on approach to the application developmental work related to fermentations
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations for trials
- Must be familiar with analytical techniques on the separation of sugars and alcohol using HPLC
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.