DESERT MEDICINE RESEARCH CENTRE
(Indian Council of Medical Research)
New Pali Road, Jodhpur – 342005
Desert Medicine Research Centre, a permanent research centre under Indian Council of Medical Research, Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, invites applications from suitable Indian Nationals for appointment on the following posts up to 13th August 2018:
S. No. 1
Name of Post: Scientist ‘C’ (Non-Medical)
Pay Matrix: Pay Rs.67,700, Level-11 (Prerevised Pay Band-3 Rs. 15600- 39100+ Grade Pay Rs. 6600)
No. of Vacancies & Reservation Category: One Post Unreserved
Upper Age Limit: Not exceeding 40 Years
- Essential qualifications: First class Master’s degree in Biotechnology or Microbiology from a recognized University with 4 years R&D/teaching experience in the relevant subject after First class Master’s degree.
- Second Class Master’s degree in Biotechnology or Microbiology with a Ph.D. degree In relevant subject from a recognized University with 4 years R&D/teaching experience in the relevant subject after M.Sc + Ph.D.
- PhD. in the field of Biotechnology or Microbiology with a first class relevant degree.
- Post-doctoral research/ teaching experience in Biotechnology or Microbiology from a recognized institute(s).
- Knowledge of Computer Applications.
- 1. Ph.D. in the relevant subject shall be treated equivalent to three years’ experience.
To plan and undertake independent research in the field of Biotechnology or Microbiology and to assist in the research activities of the Centre.
S. No. 3
Name of Post: Scientist ‘B’ (Non-Medical)-04
Pay Matrix: Pay Rs. 56,100/- Pay Matrix Level: 10 of 7th CPC [Prerevised Pay Band – 3 of Rs. 15600- 39100+ Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-]
No. of Vacancies & Reservation Category: (Unreserved03, OBC-1)
Upper Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 Years
- First class Master’s degree in Biochemistry/Biotechnology from a recognized university
- 2nd Class M.Sc.+ Ph.D. in. BioChemistry/Biotechnology from a recognized university.
- Doctorate in BioChemistry/Biotechnology from recognized Institute(s) with first class relevant degree.
- Additional Post doctoral research/teaching experience in BioChemistry/Biotechnology in recognized institute.
- Knowledge of computer application.
- Two years R&D/Teaching experience in the field of BioChemistry/Biotechnology after obtaining essential qualification
To work in the field of Biochemistry and Biotechnology and to assist in the research activities of the Centre.
1. Age relaxation.
5 years of age relaxation will be given for ST candidates against the reserve post for ST and 3 years age relaxation will be given for OBC candidates against the post reserved post OBC candidates. Five years relaxation will be given Government servants and 10 years for Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates.
2. Other Service Conditions:
- Allowances as per Central Government Rules are admissible on the above-mentioned pay scale.
- Benefits of new restructured defined contributory Pension system are admissible as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECB & PR Division), Notification No.5/7/2003-ECB & PR dated 22.12.2003 effective from 1.1.2004.
- Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments/Public Sector Undertakings and Govt. Funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel. Advance copies of the application will be considered subject to the conditions that a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer is produced at the time of written test.
- Private practice is not allowed, however, non-practicing allowance is admissible to medical graduates only as per rule.
3. Application fee:
IPO/Demand Draft of Rs.500/- (Rupees five Hundred only) payable in favour of “The Director, Desert Medicine Research Centre, payable at Jodhpur should be enclosed along with application and should reach to this office on or before closing date. The SC/ST/Women/physically handicapped candidates (PH)/Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the application fee. All other / ICMR employees are not exempted from the payment of application fee. On the over leaf of demand Draft, the candidate must mention his/her name and post applied for. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Any other mode of payment viz. cash, money order and cheque will not be accepted.
4. How to apply
- Application forms enclosed as Annexure-II and other information can be obtained from DMRC website www.dmrcjodhpur.nic.in (Guidelines for the selection of Scientist-B and C are available at ICMR website – https://icmr.nic.in/circular/2017/154.pdf)
- The application duly signed by the applicant should be submitted to The Director, Desert Medicine Research Centre, New Pali Road, Jodhpur-342005 along with selfattested copies of the certificates
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Educational qualification
- Experience certificates/testimonials
- List of Publications mentioning clearly the ‘Name of the Journal’ and ‘Impact Factor’
- One-self attested recent passport size photograph
- ID Proof (Ex. PAN/Voter ID/Driving License etc.)
- One set of self-attested photocopies of all documents
- Application fee in the form of Demand Draft/IPO
Last Date for submitting completed applications Only in Hardcopy: 13th August 2018 up to 5:30 pm
5. Selection Procedure:
Written examination of the eligible candidates will be taken; candidates will be called for personal discussion/ interview on the basis of marks obtained in the written examination and marks for publication, experience, awards etc. The final selection will be as per criteria adopted by ICMR and decision of the Director-General, ICMR will be final in this regards
Written Test: The written test would be of 100 marks consisting of 100 objective/ MCQ type questions of one mark each for the correct answer. The final score will be computed for a maximum of 40 marks based on the marks obtained in the written test of 100 marks. For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Out of 100 questions, 90 questions will be objective/ MCQ type and 10 objectives/ MCQ for analytical skills.
a. Level of questions will be M. Sc level.
b. Questions will cover all the areas mentioned below:-
- Computing skills
- General Scientific knowledge
- Current Affairs including developments in Biomedical Sciences
- Common sense
- Institute specific areas
- Post specific areas
- Fundamental knowledge
- Subject specific knowledge