Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow) Position under Funded Project purely on Temporary and Contractual Basis
ADVT. NO.: 39/2018
The Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having an excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following position purely on the temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
|Name of the Post||Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow)|
|Number of post||01 (One)|
|Name of the Project||“Understanding the mechanism of protein misfolding in neurodegenerative disease”.|
|Funding agency||Department of Biotechnology|
|Age Limit||Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement|
Minimum Educational Qualification
MSc. / B. Tech in Life Sciences / Chemical Sciences or an equivalent degree with 60% marks or equivalent grade.
Candidates having relevant research experience as evidenced from thesis/dissertation carried out in a reputed scientific institution and practical experience in gene cloning, biochemical and biophysical techniques, protein purification is desirable. Research experience in protein folding or aggregation will be preferred.
Tenure of the appointment
Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
- Project Assistant – Rs. 16,000 + 30% HRA per month.
- Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow)- Rs. 25,000/- + 30% HRA per month based on valid CSIRNET/GATE or equivalent scorecard.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 31, 2018. Please mention “Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow), Project Code: 30817339” in the subject line of the email.
- The list of the shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date, time and venue will be put up on the Institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
- The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in age, educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
About IISER Pune
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.