Associate Scientist Position vacant in Upstream Department, Syngene
|Associate Scientist / Research Scientist|
Job purpose (Briefly describe the objectives of the job)
- The incumbent will be responsible for defining planning and executing fermentation development, process transfer and quality control functions in support of in-process early-stage biopharmaceutical development programs
- will provide oversight and participate in the management and monitoring of cGMP-compliant process development
- and will work with quality assurance, compliance and regulatory functions to meet project demands and contribute to submissions to regulatory authorities.
- Plan, supervise and execute development/optimization of Microbial and yeast fermentation process of biopharmaceutical products
- Primarily responsible for developing scalable and reproducible bioprocesses and for supporting technical execution in manufacturing
- Manage process transfer and preparation and approval of SOPs, review and contribute to regulatory filings
- Monitor process deviations and lead laboratory investigations
- Keeping abreast of changing technologies in the biopharmaceutical industry and the introduction of new methodologies to the development and manufacturing groups
- Proactively incorporate learnings to improve and influence process development and optimization
- Expected to participate in the management and control of document/records for GLP operations.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Biochemical or Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related scientific/technical background
- A minimum of 2-10 years previous work experience in the biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with at least 2 years supervisory or managerial experience
Technical /functional skills
- Strong knowledge of biological systems (Microbial) required.
- Prior hands-on technical experience (in a laboratory) is required.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Knowledge of Excel as well as Statistical Data Analysis tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills –communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work across functions and with teams.
- The ability to build and lead in a fast-paced and high growth environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Other job requirements:
- Absolute commitment to quality and integrity with a dynamic drive to exceed established targets. Innovative problem solver who thinks outside of the box.
- Must be able to connect, communicate and collaborate throughout the organization. Leadership through inspiration with the ability to manage change.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.