Job in Protein Expression @ Syngene
Syngene is seeking a candidate who will be a part of the mammalian expression team. The candidate needs to be well trained in routine mammalian cell culture practices like the establishment of cell banks, expansion and scale-up of cell lines, serum-free adaptation and characterization of cell lines. The Candidate should also have basic molecular biology experience.
Candidate must possess a broad knowledge of fermentation process and be well trained in operating wave bioreactors and /or stirred tank reactors and should have experience with mammalian expression systems (CHO, HEK, etc).
Experience with protein expression in human cell lines other than HEK and Insect cells would be considered a plus.
- Under the guidance of reporting manager design, plan and execute experiments along with compilation and analysis of data with minimal error.
- Perform transient expressions in mammalian cell lines like HEK, CHO
- Plan and perform protein expression at different scales like microtitre plates, shake flask and bioreactor
- Perform optimization of media /Feed to improve productivity in batch and fed-batch culture
- Perform serum free adaptations and express proteins in batch /fed-batch mode using stable clones
- Scale up plasmid DNA for transfection depending on the scale of the expression batch
- Analysis of expression titers using OCTET, PA-HPLC, western blot
- Perform small-scale purification using affinity chromatography
- Collaborate with colleagues with respect to information/knowledge sharing
- Adhere to all EHS requirements including wearing PPEs and safe working practices
- Efficient record keeping and data management
2+ years relevant work experience if the candidate has postgraduate education
5+ years of relevant work experience if the candidate does not have a postgraduate education.
TECHNICAL /FUNCTIONAL SKILL:
- Carry out DNA scale up and protein expression as per the requirements of the specific job function
- Protein expression function to include ability to reliably and reproducibly express proteins in one or more expression systems including mammalian, insect cells
- Protein expression skills should include knowledge and experience in the operation of wave bioreactors and incubator shakers.
- Adhere to timely and accurate record keeping in lab notebooks.
- Be polite, assertive and collaborate well with colleagues
- Take accountability and ownership for respective job function
- Maintain data integrity and exhibit good data management skills
- Excellent attention to details, diligent documentation and efficient communication skills