Ph.D. position in Protein Signaling
|Title||Ph.D. position, Protein Signaling Program|
|Department/Location||Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research|
- The Protein Signaling Program’s primary research focuses on protein and signaling pathways that maintain the stability of the genome throughout the cell cycle.
- By joining the program you will be part of Dr. Duxin’s group and part of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary research environment present at CPR that comprises state-of-the-art facilities to protein research.
- Dr. Duxin’s research aims at understanding the molecular mechanisms that ensure the accurate replication and repair of the genome, and understand how defects in these reactions can cause cancer and other diseases.
- To this end, Dr. Duxin is using a cell-free extract system derived from the African frogs, Xenopus laevis. These extracts have the remarkable capacity to recapitulate many aspects of genome maintenance including DNA replication, many DNA repair pathways and ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis.
- Using this system, Dr. Duxin recently established the first reaction that recapitulates replication-coupled repair of a highly cytotoxic and cancer-driving lesion known as a DNA-protein crosslink (Duxin et al. 2014, Cell).
- The position is financially supported by the University of Copenhagen 2018 program.
- The candidate will primarily focus on identifying and characterizing novel mechanisms of DNA-protein crosslink repair. To this end, the candidate will employ proteome approaches that will be combined with the power of the Xenopus system. These include utilizing and developing many different methods of molecular biology, biochemistry and computational analysis.
- The candidate will also have access to all the state-of-the-art facilities present at CPR including the Mass Spectrometry, Protein Imaging, Big Data Management and Protein Production platforms.
- Candidates are required to have a master’s degree in science or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Molecular biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry is required.
- Prior publication in internationally recognized journals is preferred.
- Good grades are preferred.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, and flexibility.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
Your application should include the following documents:
- Motivated letter of application.
- Curriculum vitae, incl. education and experience.
- Copy of diplomas/degree certificate(s).
- List of publications.
- Names and contact details for at least two referees.
For further information about the position please contact Group leader Julien Duxin by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.