CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative
CSIR-IGIB along with Industry partners Training Programme in Genomics and Molecular Technologies for Industrial Applications 2018-2019 Session
Training Program in Genomics and Molecular Technologies
The training programme is focussed on practical skilling in a continuous mode of learning and assessment.
M.Sc. in (Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences), from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Graduate in medical laboratory technology or Experience in the medical laboratory.
Skill India Initiative
Under CSIR-Integrated Skill Initiative, CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology is offering a certificate course on SKILL DEVELOPMENT in Genomics and Molecular Technologies for Industrial Applications.
- This program is intended to generate human resources that become eligible for engagement as laboratory technologists or Research Assistants in Pharma, other R & D industries and Diagnostic laboratories to fulfill the need and requirement of Pharmaceutical industry and research in the country.
There will be 5 papers:
- Laboratory Safety, Cleanliness, Recordkeeping and operating systems- Safety procedures in laboratory, Biosafety procedures and regulatory clearances, rDNA safety, safe handling of toxic, radioactive and carcinogenic chemicals, strong acids, General health upkeep, clean environment, clean laboratory wares and spaces, Recordkeeping, calibration procedures to instruments and devices, Laboratory records for auditing, Electronic record keeping, computer operating systems, Data recording and plotting graphs in MS Excel or equivalent programs.
- Molecular Diagnostics– DNA and RNA analytical techniques for their isolation from body fluids, Polymerase Chain reaction, Mutation detection, molecular diagnostics in pharmacogenetics, Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Western Blot Analysis.
- Cell biology Technologies including basics of animal house operations- Basic techniques of Mammalian cell culture, Assays, Basics of Animal house operations.
- Microbial Technologies- Microbial cultures, Protein Expression and purification by chromatography, Plasmids isolation and analysis and compile the results, Analyze antibiotics Selection data and compile the results, Analyze metagenomics data and compile the results.
- Special Technologies and Internship in a research group or Industry– Microscopy to identify or analyze images, Nanoparticles and assess them for said properties, Chromatography principles analyze and compile the data, Basics of Project Management, Business development, Liaison, Proteomics, Dissertation project internship in a research group or Industry.
All 5 papers are compulsory. Students are required to pass in all 5 papers for successful completion of the course.
Closing date for receipt of applications:
July 15, 2018.
Completed applications with name, address, email id, mobile contact no., adhaar number, and educational background from Class X onwards to M.Sc. including college/school name, Board or University name and aggregate marks and worked out percentages to be sent to the email id mentioned below. Shortlisted candidates may be called for a walk-in interview near the end of July 2018 through email.
Course start date:
August 16, 2018. No refund of fees will be considered after Course has started.
Duration- 6 months
Intake- 10 candidates
Fees- Rs. 50,000
Practical skills | Record keeping |Data analysis| Troubleshooting | Presentation abilities.
A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates for the course.
Management and Faculty
The teaching faculty will be largely drawn from a set of highly qualified and competent scientists from CSIR-IGIB and a few experts will be called for specialized topics. Students will be taught about the basic principles of the technologies with examples of applications. They will be given more time and emphasis on practical hands-on experiments and instrumentation in both dry and wet lab facilities.
A Walk-in-interview will be conducted to select suitable candidates. Date and Time will be displayed in the advertisement on CSIR-IGIB Web site (www.igib.res.in).
Methods of Instruction
Instruction methods involve hands-on practice. The medium of instruction will be in English.
Evaluation of trainees
Evaluation will consist of the following components
- Theory Courses
(a) Continuous assessment through assignments
(b) Term end examination
- Practical Courses
(a) Guided Experiments
(b) Unguided Experiments
For further information please contact:
Head, Skill India Cell
CSIR – IGIB
Mall Road, Delhi-110007 (Delhi)
Mathura Road, New Delhi 110 025
Phone: 011-29879130, 011-27002200/201