Pursue Doctoral Research in Biomedical Genomics, Including Statistical Genomics, at The National Institute Of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani
NIBMG is accepting applications from eligible candidates to pursue doctoral research, leading to a Ph.D. degree, in the disciplines of Biomedical Sciences at the institute under the mentorship of NIBMG faculty.
- Research on Biomedical Genomics encompasses research on all aspects of genetics and genomics in relation to human health and disease, as well as validation by cellular and molecular biology methods.
- A typical Ph.D. student would get the opportunity to be trained in the cutting-edge laboratory technologies as well as computational and statistical techniques.NIBMG is currently engaged in several multi-center collaborations and hence the students will have exposure to the inter-institutional environment. Specific projects will have a lot of interdisciplinary components.
The broad areas of research on which students are expected to work are listed below:
- Cancer Genomics and Epigenomics
- Genomics and Epigenomics of Complex Human Diseases (including Microbiome Biology)
- Genomics and Epigenomics of infectious Disease Biology
- Systems Biology and Computational Biology
- Statistical Genomics
15% of the seats are reserved for the SC category, 7.5% for the ST category and 27% for non-creamy layer OBC category. certificates from relevant authorities are to be provided as proof before the interview.
The minimum eligibility criteria for accepting students at NIBMG to pursue research leading to a Ph.D. degree are:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Zoology, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Candidates in general category must have secured at least 55% aggregate in Master’s degree. This will be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to successfully complete Master’s degree.
- An applicant should have passed the NET conducted by CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT/NBHM AND must have a valid award letter of Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT, NBHM.
- Candidates who have qualified for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories are encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences. This condition is not applicable to individuals belonging to reserved categories.
Please apply online via web Link http://apply.nibmg.ac.in/ (no other form of application will be accepted)
Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category.
The online application will be accepted until 5 PM of 7th June 2018. Short-listed candidates will be called for a