Walk-In for Technician Position @ National Institute of Biomedical Genomics
Applications are invited for the positions of Project Linked Persons for extramural projects to be executed by the National Institue of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani. Selected applicants will be appointed for a period of 12 months. The tenure of appointment may be extended depending on performance and availability of funds.
|Name of the Post||Technician|
|Number of Posts||One (01)|
|Name of the research project||Functional interrogation of interferon lambda 4 (IFN-L4) in human health and disease|
|Sponsoring Agency||Wellcome Trust-DBT India Alliance|
|Consolidated and fixed monthly emolument||INR 20,800/-per month|
|Duration of Appointment||Selected applicants will be appointed for a period of 12 months. The tenure of appointment may be extended depending on performance and availability of funds.|
|Essential Qualification||MSc* in life sciences (Biochemistry, immunology, human genetics, molecular biology, biotechnology etc.)|
|Desirable Qualification||Relevant work experience in host-pathogen interactions, Immunological assays will be preferred. Experience working with Leishmania model will also be preferable; Experience in molecular cloning and gene expression will be desirable|
|Nature of Duty||Performing immunological assays with Leishmania-infected cells using immune and molecular phenotyping methods; Field work involving the collection of blood samples from the Kalyani cohort and processing them; Performing gene cloning and BiFC assays; Genotyping using Dengue-infected human blood DNA and others.|
- Under one of the aims of the project, the immunomodulatory function of human IFN-L4 (interferon lambda 4) will be investigated using the Leishmania infection model.
- Molecular, genetic and immunological assays will be used to address the objectives. Expression of IFN-L4 will be examined in VL, PKDL patient samples, healthy individuals and correlated with disease status.
- In other aims of the project antiviral gene expression in healthy individuals from the Kalyani cohort will be correlated with the genetic variant that can express a functional IFN-L4; Protein-protein interaction of IFN-L4 in mammalian cells will be screened for against a human cDNA library; Association of severe Dengue disease with expression of human IFN-L 4 will be carried out with human samples.
Walk-in interview is being organized for recruiting ONE (01) TECHNICIAN to conduct experiments based on Immunological assays, infectivity assays with Leishmania parasites, ELISAs, field work in coordinating recruitment of healthy volunteers; isolation of PBMCs, DNA/RNA isolation; qPCR, gene cloning, BiFC assay and others towards meeting the objectives of the project.
The date of walk-in-interview is Wednesday, 30th May 2018 starting from 10:30 AM. The candidates should report at the NIBMG reception latest by 10 AM on the day of the walk-in interview; those arriving later than 10 AM will not be accommodated in the interview. The age limit is maximum 25 (twenty-five) years. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Following documents are required at the time of interview:
- Curriculum Vitae
- One Passport- size colored Photograph
- Self-Attested Copies of Certificates of Educational Qualifications
- Self-Attested Copies of Experience Certificates
- Original with Self-Attested Copies of Govt. issued Photo ID proof (Preferably Aadhar Card)