BINC (Bioinformatics National Certification)
Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), New Delhi is conducting the BINC 2018 examination on behalf of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- BINC is a certification programme for graduate and post-graduate students for recognizing their exceptional bioinformatics knowledge and skills and to improve their employment opportunities.
- There is a growing need for trained manpower in the area of Bioinformatics. Currently, various universities and institutions, both government and private, impart Bioinformatics education in India.
- The qualifying candidates will be awarded a lifetime certificate.
- This certification would facilitate industries and potential employers in the recruitment of Bioinformatics professionals having exceptionally good bioinformatics skills.
The certification under Bioinformatics National Certification (BINC) scheme is given to the candidates after three-tier selection process. The successful candidates are also eligible for availing Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for pursuing Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at recognized Indian universities/institutes. The research fellowships of all BINC qualified Indian nationals are funded by DBT. BINC qualified candidates are called DBT certified Bioinformaticians while the individuals availing the fellowships are called as DBT-BINC Junior Research Fellows (DBT-BINC-JRF). Cash prize of 10,000/- each is awarded to the top 10 BINC qualifiers.
i) Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary, Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering and Technology.
ii) No formal training, diploma or certificate in bioinformatics is required.
iii) Candidates in final year of Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree are also eligible to apply.
Pattern of Examination
The syllabus consists of six sections – Bioinformatics, Biology, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematics & Statistics, and Information Technology.
Note: Paper-III will be computer-based practical and will include programming on Bioinformatics
|Important Dates Online registration period||April 25, 2018 – May 31, 2018|
|Display of list of eligible candidates on website||June 08, 2018|
|Availability of Admit cards for Part-I on the website for download||June 09, 2018|
|BINC examination (Paper I):Objective type||June 23, 2018 (Part-I) Morning 10 AM-12 PM|
|Results of Paper I||June 27, 2018|
|Availability of Admit cards for Part-II on the website for download||July 3-4, 2018|
|BINC examination (Paper II): Short answers||July 15, 2018 (Part-II) 9 AM-12 PM|
|BINC examination (Paper III): Practical||July 15, 2018 (Part-II) 2 PM-5 PM|
|BINC final result||July 25, 2018|
|Validity of Score Card for availing fellowship||July 31, 2020|
The successful candidates are eligible for availing Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for pursuing Ph.D. in Indian Institutes/Universities. The candidate must possess a Post-Graduate degree (or equivalent) and meet the criteria of institutes/universities in order to avail research fellowships.
- BINC 2018 – After the declaration of BINC 2018 results, a certificate will be given to all BINC qualified candidates along with an award letter to be eligible to avail fellowship till July 31, 2020.
- Upon receiving the award letter, the candidate needs to select his/her research supervisor from a University/Institute /Centre where he/she can register for Ph.D. In cases where there is a separate Ph.D. admission procedure of the institution, candidates have to go through that procedure.
Biotech Consortium India Limited
5th Floor, Anuvrat Bhawan 210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg New Delhi – 110 002
Tel.: 011-2321 9064-67 Ext. 231, 236
Email – For general BINC queries:email@example.com
Helpline for Application submission related queries:firstname.lastname@example.org