Recruitment of Drugs Inspector (UPSC Govt Job) in Drugs Control Department
Post: Drugs Inspector
Ministry/Administration: Government of NCT of Delhi
Department/Office: Drugs Control Department
Organisation: Health and Family Welfare Department
47,600-1,51,100/- in the pay matrix level 08 pre revised PB-2 i.e. Rs.9, 300-34,800 with Grade Pay Rs.4800/- Total Emoluments Rs 58549/- approx .
Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
General Central Services Group ‘B’ Gazetted Non- Ministerial. The posts are permanent.
Not exceeding 30 years on the normal closing date. Not exceeding 35 years for SC/ST candidates on the normal closing date, in respect of posts reserved for them. (Relaxable for Govt. servant upto 5 years in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Govt.)For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.’
Essential Qualification (s):
Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science or in Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a University established in India by law.
Provided that only those inspectors-
Who have not less than 18 months’ experience in the manufacture of at least one of the substances specified in Schedule “C”. OR
- Who have not less than 18 months’ experience in the testing of at least one of the substances specified in Schedule “C” in a Laboratory approved for this purpose by the licensing authority. OR
- Who have gained experience of not less than 3 years’ in the inspection of firms manufacturing any of the substances specified in schedule ‘C’ during the tenure of their services as Drugs Inspector shall be authorized to inspect the manufacture of the substances mentioned in Schedule ‘C’.\
B. EXPERIENCE: Not Mandatory.
- NOTE-1 Provided that the requirement as to the academic qualification shall not apply to those who were appointed as inspectors on or before the 18th day of October, 1993.
- NOTE-II The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications.
- NOTE-III The Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
- NOTE-IV The Qualification regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reason to be recorded in writing, in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes if, at any stage of selection. The Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the posts reserved for them.
The duties and functions of Drugs Inspector, specified in the Rule 51 and Rule 52 of Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945, includes inspections of all licensed Drugs and Cosmetics manufacturer, licensed Sales Units, Blood Banks etc. drawing of samples of Drugs and Cosmetics from the manufacture/dealers for analysis, to ascertains quality aspects, investigation of cases of spurious, misbranded and adulterated drugs/cosmetics, related complaints and launching of prosecution of violation for any breaches of drugs and cosmetics Acts, 1940, Drugs and Magic Remedies Act and Drug (Price Control) Order.