Hiring for Jr. Research Associate in ITC R&D – Personalcare
Role Definition: Develop the scientific understanding of Personal care products, substantiate product claims, develop consumer demonstrations, robust microbiology bioassays for Personal Care R&D and design & co-ordinate microbiology testing projects extensively with external CROs.
PG: MS/M.Sc(Science) – Microbiology
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required
- The JRA would be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing claims substantiation activities specifically requiring Microbiological techniques across different categories and Brands within PCP R&D on defined timelines.
- The JRA is expected to be well versed with Microbiology laboratory skills e.g. aseptic and sterile techniques, optical microscopy, bacterial staining, plating methods (streak, spread, pour, replica), isolation, enumeration and identification of bacteria/fungi, use of biological safety cabinets, media and buffer preparation, diagnostic biochemical tests for microbes, use of selective media and relevant anti-microbial bioassays like time-kill, Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC), Checkerboard etc.).
- The JRA would be required to extensively network, liaise closely with the Commercial team and coordinate studies with various external testing labs (CROs) and analyze data received and draw conclusions for claims suitability.
- He/She is required to align and establish procedures, methods and bioassays relevant to the Microbiology and participate in the creation of novel and differentiated product claims and consumer demonstrations.
The JRA will:
- Be responsible for the assigned responsibilities on deliveries thorough the project schedules that he/she handles with specific emphasis towards claims substantiation.
- Be expected to excel in tedious research, applies sound analytical thinking and provides explicit documentation.
Be required to extensively network, design and coordinate studies with external CROs, analyse data and draw conclusions for claims suitability, within agreed time.
- Develop microbiology bioassays and document scientific reports and literature evidence to support product claims.
Work in teams to enable development of product concept, pack text, pamphlet/brochure design, advertorials & promoter training on time.
- Be expected to independently contribute by devising solutions to frequently encountered problems within his/her group.
- Be expected to operate on his or her routine work area with minimal supervision.
- Be expected to demonstrate flair for experimental design and working on multiple tasks within the given time.
- Develop consumer demonstrations to communicate product benefit and contribute to build brand image.
- Be expected to be aware of market research, consumer immersion, product and packaging desirables and benchmark analysis.
- Will participate in idea generation and troubleshooting activities within the group.
- This role would require strong Microbiology knowledge and hands-on laboratory practices.
- Animal Cell-culture and molecular biology techniques will be desirable.
- This role places emphasis on external interactions.
- This role would involve exposure to cross-functional projects and cross-functional teams.
- This role would involve occasional travel.